Jump to content
vspink94

TEMPORARY IMMIGRANT VISA

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I applied Immigrant Visa for both of my parents, they have upcoming interview this month, My Question is how soon they can petition my under age siblings when they come here in US?  I heard the green card can take up to 3 months, can they use the temporary stamp to file it? My brother is turning 19 soon, so i really want to file it ASAP? Any advice? Thank you in advance!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, vspink94 said:

I applied Immigrant Visa for both of my parents, they have upcoming interview this month, My Question is how soon they can petition my under age siblings when they come here in US?  I heard the green card can take up to 3 months, can they use the temporary stamp to file it? My brother is turning 19 soon, so i really want to file it ASAP? Any advice? Thank you in advance!! 

Your parents can.

 


4. What documents do you need to show that you are a lawful permanent resident?
If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must file your petition with a copy of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551). If you have not yet received your card, submit copies of your passport biographic page and the page showing admission as a lawful permanent resident, or other evidence of permanent resident status issued by USCIS or the former INS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also consider affidavit of supports are going to be needed.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gif     giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VNN said:

Your parents can.

 


4. What documents do you need to show that you are a lawful permanent resident?
If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must file your petition with a copy of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551). If you have not yet received your card, submit copies of your passport biographic page and the page showing admission as a lawful permanent resident, or other evidence of permanent resident status issued by USCIS or the former INS

Thank you so much for the response! Yes, They will have Immigrant Visa stamp on their passport. We will send send the application right away if we can! 🤞🤞🤞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Also consider affidavit of supports are going to be needed.

Thank you for the response! I agree, there's job waiting for them when they come here, Me and spouse can send affidavit of support of needed. 

Edited by vspink94
Wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...