Fairy_Bliss

K1 Evidence - Receipts and Bank Statements

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am starting to gather evidence for my k1 visa. and dont know if its worth including or not.

Should I include receipts from the post office to show i have been shipping gifts/letters to USA? I thought maybe this would prove that we keep in contact and still send gifts for birthday's etc. (i have kept some of the declarations too)

Should I include bank statements? i thought about highlighting certain things that me and my partner did together while he was with me and just general shopping - im unsure cause it just shows i made a purchase at that location - nothing to prove he had anything to do with it. There are some things i have photo proof of, so i was definitely going to highlight those. eg. We went to Tropical Fruit World and as well as enclosing photos and receipts, i was going to highlight my bank statement showing that purchase as well. since we did not keep a lot of receipts from the things we have done.

Should i only highlight what i have visual proof (e.g. photos) that we actually did together as a couple?

thank you kindly! :) 

Are you gathering evidence for 129F petition, or for K-1 interview at the embassy? Generally you do not need to provide tons of "evidence of relationship" for 129F, just few very specific ones: E.g. proof you physically met within last 2 years. Save the rest for in person interview at the Embassy after 129F is approved. 

6 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Are you gathering evidence for 129F petition, or for K-1 interview at the embassy? Generally you do not need to provide tons of "evidence of relationship" for 129F, just few very specific ones: E.g. proof you physically met within last 2 years. Save the rest for in person interview at the Embassy after 129F is approved. 

Sorry yes - the 129F Petition.
ok. so really the first step is just proving we have met face to face and have an honest relationship with each other and intend to marry? 

(photos, statements, messages, phone calls, letters/cards sent to each other, etc.)

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the forum.

The VJ step-by-step K1 visa guide says it best about the various types and quantities of evidence to consider when preparing for a K1 visa.

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum, but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE. Additionally, please note that providing proof of your ongoing and genuine relationship in this package may benefit you by allowing the consulate to have access to this information prior to them formally contacting the non US Citizen fiance. Many high risk consulates approach cases with a skeptical eye and providing this information early on in the original I-129F package will help them in their preliminary review of your case. 

1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.
2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a local photo store such as Walgreens (if at all possible) or if not on a high quality printer. Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.
3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails, stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

REF: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide/

As has been mentioned, more evidence is better than less at some interviewing embassies/consulates. Get familiar with the VJ site, there is a wealth of good info for all phases of this process. Check out the K1 Guide for more info and tips.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Fairy_Bliss said:

Sorry yes - the 129F Petition.
ok. so really the first step is just proving we have met face to face and have an honest relationship with each other and intend to marry? 

(photos, statements, messages, phone calls, letters/cards sent to each other, etc.)

Yes. Some Embassies are tough (Middle East and North Africa countries mostly) and people like "front load" their 129F petitions. In general for 129F approval you need following:

• Prove petitioner is US Citizen (Birth Cert, Cert of Naturalization, Passport)
  • Prove that couple physically met within last 2 years (boarding passes, passport stamps, things that show names, and dates at the same time, pictures alone are not sufficient, though most include some as supplementary evidence) 
  • Couple intents to get married within 90 days of beneficiary arriving to US (2 letters of intent, individually signed is easiest way)
  • If needed, prove that both are "free to marry" E.g. evidence of divorce decrees etc.
Edited by Shiran

I am an Australian, so will be getting interviewed at sydney consulate (fingers crossed). I have read some reviews and read that its pretty cruisey and straight forward.

We had originally planned for australian fiance visa but recently decided for usa fiance visa. and the requirements are sooo different, so i guess the australian fiance visa had me on a different thought process (they require A LOT convering 4 main areas of relationship).

We have been together for 4 yrs (going onto 5 this yr). I have gone there twice (2 weeks each) and he here once (for about 2 months) and the last time i saw him was February 2018 (last r) so i guess im just nervous that not enough. But i know we are still within that two year meeting time frame. im trying to squeeze in another visit for peace of mind, but his two jobs is currently making it hard.

sorry if i got wordy...wanted to give a bit of back story haha.

i have looked over the site but get kinda nervous that some information might be outdated...is that possible?

I believe that people are using the guides and info. What seems to change are the official forms, and that happens when they see fit. Be sure to check the official USCIS online

links for the latest requirements of the applications/petitions.

The biggest thing that I see are the protracted processing times for all of the petitions/applications, etc. Many of wait times have doubled in the last couple of years. My advice is to get you petition/application in, the sooner the better.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

12 hours ago, Fairy_Bliss said:

sorry if i got wordy...wanted to give a bit of back story haha.

You are fine. People tend to get nervous, and overthink the process. In reality for vast majority of people it is not complicated, and you generally do not need a lawyer. It helps to mentally split it into parts:

• US Citizen files 129F and wait for approval (3-4 months now but used to be longer)
  • After approval, beneficiary hassles to gather some basic documents, and relationship evidence, and schedule medical and Embassy interview. USC provides form I-134 and financial evidence.
  • Couple reunited on US Soil, and starts 90 day timer to get married.
  • After marriage, beneficiary starts Adjustment of Status process. They are unable to work/travel internationally freely until this is done (varies 3-12 months)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.