Pablito

Few questions before submitting AOS packet

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good afternoon, 

I have a few questions before submitting my AOS packet for my wife. A little background on us, my Wife came over on a K1 visa about 2 months ago, we were married during her first 30 days here. I finally got around to filling out most of the paperwork for the AOS. I just had a few questions that I would be grateful if the board could help with. 

01. Can we have the copy of non immigrant (k1) visa and entry stamp on the same page? or does it need to be 2 seperate copies/pages?

02. Is the Copy of Form I-797 the same form that was received when applying for the k1 visa? I have I-797 Notice of Action and I-797C.

03. On the I-864 Affidavit of Support, do I put I am the petitioner filing for the immigration of my direct relative in regards to my Wife who was here on a K1 Visa?
    -Also in regards to I-864 on part 5 Sponsors household size, since I am sponsoring my wife and she is included in Part 3 Item 29 do I not put "1" under if You are currently married? Or do I put 1 and exclude it from the total at the bottom where it displays household size?

04.  I have a copy of my wifes medical exam from Colombia that she took during the K1 visa application. Do I still need to fill out Form I-693? Or do I just attach a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet to the AOS application? Side note on the document from the Dr. in Colombia Insufficient time interval to complete series was marked for Tdap, and MMR. Flu Vaccine was also marked unavailable. Would that be an issue? Would my wife need to get those vaccinations done?

05. Since I'm submitting the I-485 for my wife along with the I-765 (authorization to work) and I-131 (application to travel document), What are the the fees? I used the fee calculator and I was a little confused. I selected the family based visa direct relative of US citizen. The total is $1,225.00. Is that including the I765 and I131?

06. Do I need to add the G-325A (biographic information) sheet to the packet? 

07. Can I attach the G-1145 (e-notification of application/petition acceptance) to get notified that my packet was received? 

Thank you so much. Sorry for having so many questions. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

1. Doesn't matter.

2. It should be the one that says your petition was approved (not accepted, but approved), whatever the number is.

3. You don't count anyone twice. Your side is the immigrant, you only count her once.

4. I-693 has nothing to do with you if her vaccination work sheet from abroad is marked complete. Just send a copy of the vaccination sheet, it should be called DS-3025.

5. The total is $1225, the other two are for free.

6. That form is no longer used.

7. Yes, use the G-1145.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Pablito said:

Good afternoon, 

I have a few questions before submitting my AOS packet for my wife. A little background on us, my Wife came over on a K1 visa about 2 months ago, we were married during her first 30 days here. I finally got around to filling out most of the paperwork for the AOS. I just had a few questions that I would be grateful if the board could help with. 

01. Can we have the copy of non immigrant (k1) visa and entry stamp on the same page? or does it need to be 2 seperate copies/pages? Do the instructions ask for those documents in that manner? If it is displayed that way in the passport, no problem, otherwise print them separately.

02. Is the Copy of Form I-797 the same form that was received when applying for the k1 visa? I have I-797 Notice of Action and I-797C. You need a copy of Form I-797, Notice of Action, I-129F Petition for Fiancee(e) Approval (NOA2).

03. On the I-864 Affidavit of Support, do I put I am the petitioner filing for the immigration of my direct relative in regards to my Wife who was here on a K1 Visa?
    -Also in regards to I-864 on part 5 Sponsors household size, since I am sponsoring my wife and she is included in Part 3 Item 29 do I not put "1" under if You are currently married? Or do I put 1 and exclude it from the total at the bottom where it displays household size? Follow the USCIS instructions for Form I-864, https://www.uscis.gov/i-864 , and the VJ Sample Form I-864, https://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-864.pdf .

04.  I have a copy of my wifes medical exam from Colombia that she took during the K1 visa application. Do I still need to fill out Form I-693? Or do I just attach a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet to the AOS application? Side note on the document from the Dr. in Colombia Insufficient time interval to complete series was marked for Tdap, and MMR. Flu Vaccine was also marked unavailable. Would that be an issue? Would my wife need to get those vaccinations done? Review the excellent pinned thread at the top of the VJ AOS K1/K3 Family Based Visas, Immunizations. DS-3025 or I-693?, https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

05. Since I'm submitting the I-485 for my wife along with the I-765 (authorization to work) and I-131 (application to travel document), What are the the fees? I used the fee calculator and I was a little confused. I selected the family based visa direct relative of US citizen. The total is $1,225.00. Is that including the I765 and I131? Review USCIS Form I-485 Instructions, paying particular attention to the Special Instructions tab (concurrent filing EAD/AP), https://www.uscis.gov/i-485 . Also do not forget for Form I-765, page 3, part 2, question 27, the code is "(c)(9)". The third set of parends is left blank.

06. Do I need to add the G-325A (biographic information) sheet to the packet? NO, not used anymore.

07. Can I attach the G-1145 (e-notification of application/petition acceptance) to get notified that my packet was received? YES, suggested.

Thank you so much. Sorry for having so many questions. 

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Pablito said:

Just 1 more question. I looked at the thread on the medial, but still a little confused. Would my wife need any more vaccinations or is the attached below complete?

ASK MED.jpg

According to section 2, the document is marked as vaccinations complete. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.