Pseudo_

Packet torn

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, I just got my visa packet from 2GO. And I already noticed the tear on the sides. I haven't opened the plastic yet to get my passport. As shown in the pictures, will these be a problem on my port of entry? If yes, should I contact the embassy right away? 

Also, the packet envelope has a diagonal cut which seems like that is really how the envelope is. Is this normal?

IMG_20190601_122240_225.jpg

IMG_20190601_122237_574.jpg

IMG_20190601_122243_870.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

The diagonal cut is normal.  It’s done to allow security to examine without opening it.  The one one the side is hard to tell how big it is or if it’s intentional.  It looks like it wasn’t bound there either and not actually torn, possibly for the same reason.  If you have time, email the embassy.   If it’s too small for access to the documents it might be okay.  But it may be the design.  

We have seen this in the past and some have contacted USEM for a repair which tacked on another 3 days for the repair. Others ignored it and went on to their POE without a problem. I heard not long ago from a couple who traveled to their country of birth to see family and was stopped at immigration whereupon the envelope came into question. As hard as she tried she couldn't convince immigration to not open the envelope.  They did and she said it was scrabbled all over the desk. When finished they handed this pile of documents that now was in disarray.  There wasn't anything she could do at this point but present her pile of documents to US immigration.  They had no problems with it and after short discussion they accepted her "do not open" envelope without incident. 

Contact USEM if you feel a need to have it repaired. BTW I have never heard of anyone being denied entry because of atorn envelope. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Pseudo_ said:

So, I just got my visa packet from 2GO. And I already noticed the tear on the sides. I haven't opened the plastic yet to get my passport. As shown in the pictures, will these be a problem on my port of entry? If yes, should I contact the embassy right away? 

Also, the packet envelope has a diagonal cut which seems like that is really how the envelope is. Is this normal?

The cut is normal, all are cut on the corner.   and the tear is not very large, I would not worry on that.  

My opinion.  Cut the plastic just large enough to get the passport out, don't worry on that small tear (it is not large enough to remove documents).   Put the DO NOT OPEN envelope in your carry-on bag and keep it safe until POE  ... all will be fine.  

Safe travels ~

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
19 hours ago, Hank_ said:

The cut is normal, all are cut on the corner.   and the tear is not very large, I would not worry on that.  

My opinion.  Cut the plastic just large enough to get the passport out, don't worry on that small tear (it is not large enough to remove documents).   Put the DO NOT OPEN envelope in your carry-on bag and keep it safe until POE  ... all will be fine.  

Safe travels ~

Thank you!

Timeline

Hi Pseudo_ how long did you wait for the visa after the embassy interview? I had mine last May 23 and until now i am still waiting for my visa. The consulate didn't give me 221g and my CEAC status was READY for appointment for 5 days after interview, then turned to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING for 3 days then back to READY for appointment for 3 days then today turned into ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING again. 

PhotoGrid_1559556728096.jpg

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Jenkitkat said:

Hi Pseudo_ how long did you wait for the visa after the embassy interview? I had mine last May 23 and until now i am still waiting for my visa. The consulate didn't give me 221g and my CEAC status was READY for appointment for 5 days after interview, then turned to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING for 3 days then back to READY for appointment for 3 days then today turned into ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING again. 

PhotoGrid_1559556728096.jpg

I had my ISSUED status after 9 working days. You're on the NON-IMMIGRANT AP already, that's a very good sign and you can relax now, It will be ISSUED very soon.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pseudo_ said:

I had my ISSUED status after 9 working days. You're on the NON-IMMIGRANT AP already, that's a very good sign and you can relax now, It will be ISSUED very soon.

Thanks😊 hopefully i will get mine very soon too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.