Bambi & João

Sending forme or fees with 1-129

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I did the K1 in 2013 for my husband but I had help with filing. Now I am trying to help someone else but I don’t recall. My son is engaged to a girl from Guatemala. Crazy how he met someone almost the same way as me. He has i-129 ready to go as well as the $535 filing fee. I thought there was another form and fee when filing through USCIS but it has been a while so I am asking to make sure. Can anyone who has done this recently help? Is the biometrics fee sent then or just with adjustment of status? 

Edited by Bambi & João

February 13, 2011 I met the love of my life!!

February 21, 2013 He proposed in Rio de Janeiro at Ipanema Beach Post 9!!!!!

May 1, 2013 Petition mailed to USCIS
May 3, 3013 Petition Received by USCIS
May 7, 2013 NOA 1
September 11, 2013 Text and email saying USCIS APPROVED
September 13, NOA2 received
October 10, 2013 files sent to NVC
October 18, 2013 file received by NVC and I was given case number over the phone.
October 22, 2013 marked as IN TRANSIT
October 23, 2013 Consulate received and later that same day marked as READY
October 31, 2013 Packet 3 &4
November 27, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE!!!

December 16, 2013 FINALLY APPROVED!!!!!!

December 18, VISA IN HAND!!!!

Flight to USA January 15, 2014

Arrives in Michigan January 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM!!!!

Married in Lapeer, Michigan on February 21, 2014 Exactly 1 year after we were engaged!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

he should send to USCIS a check ( or money order ) for $535 + I-129F form + evidence of meeting in person and evidence of ongoing relationship + letter of intent to marry for both ( your son and his fiance ) . the G-325 is no longer needed and the the form G-1145 is optinal ( to send a e-mail with his case number)

that's everything he need to send at this stage 

the  biometrics fee should be sent when they 're filling for AOS (green card) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks!! I felt like I sent more but maybe it was different on 2013. I think I used that rapid visa service and they walked me through it all. Jacob is doing this himself and I am trying to help. Looks like they have all of the evidence ready. They have both traveled 4 times to each other’s countries. He actually has a trip planned at the end of June again too. He wants everything to be in the mail before he takes that trip. 

February 13, 2011 I met the love of my life!!

February 21, 2013 He proposed in Rio de Janeiro at Ipanema Beach Post 9!!!!!

May 1, 2013 Petition mailed to USCIS
May 3, 3013 Petition Received by USCIS
May 7, 2013 NOA 1
September 11, 2013 Text and email saying USCIS APPROVED
September 13, NOA2 received
October 10, 2013 files sent to NVC
October 18, 2013 file received by NVC and I was given case number over the phone.
October 22, 2013 marked as IN TRANSIT
October 23, 2013 Consulate received and later that same day marked as READY
October 31, 2013 Packet 3 &4
November 27, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE!!!

December 16, 2013 FINALLY APPROVED!!!!!!

December 18, VISA IN HAND!!!!

Flight to USA January 15, 2014

Arrives in Michigan January 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM!!!!

Married in Lapeer, Michigan on February 21, 2014 Exactly 1 year after we were engaged!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Don’t forget proof of US citizenship (state birth certificate, passport) passport sized photos for both petitioner and beneficiary, and termination of all prior marriages (if applicable).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I did the K1 in 2013 for my husband but I had help with filing. Now I am trying to help someone else but I don’t recall. My son is engaged to a girl from Guatemala. Crazy how he met someone almost the same way as me. He has i-129 ready to go as well as the $535 filing fee. I thought there was another form and fee when filing through USCIS but it has been a while so I am asking to make sure. Can anyone who has done this recently help? Is the biometrics fee sent then or just with adjustment of status? AOS, ROC, N-400 have biometric fees

I have also been helping someone with their visa paperwork. I have realized that things change and I have forgotten some stuff. As a consequence, I have been referring my friend to the VJ guides, such as the step-by-step K1 Visa guide: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide/ and the USICS Form I-129F link: https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f. They are  great tools and check-off lists to make sure that you don't forget/miss something.:thumbs:

BTW:

Form I-129   = Petition for Non-Immigrant Worker

Form I-129F = Petition for Alien Fiance(e)

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.