Bear11

I -134 IRS transcript not enough.. 221G

48 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Bear11 said:

How about this??

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#9

Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

As a minimum and a guideline, sure. For approval, it's a judgement call based on the totality of the circumstances.

COs with some countries want to see at least 125%. Some want an I-134, some don't. Some will generally accept a co sponsor and others won't. Some will generally accept assets, and some won't.

There is actually nothing in the INA or FAM requiring an affidavit of support for a K-1 visa. COs for some countries rarely even ask for one, such as is the case with the Philippines., or like London where one can self-sponsor.

The I-134 is just a tool to assist the CO in the public charge decision. COs are not bound by it, but generally do follow common guidelines for wanting to see at least x.

Note this is different than the I-864, which does have more firm and defined requirements, plus the overall public charge decision.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Guys I have on more question,

I Emailed to consulate and asked: -  ".....She(my fiancée) provided I-134 with IRS Transcript for 2018 ($18.500) that's the taxable income  filed to IRS 1040...but consul requested more financial document and marked as "IRS tax transcripts" with joint sponsor... Can I provide (send via UPS) in addition I-134 with my banking statement more than $60 000?"

Answered : - "You can submit your bank documents though courier service for Consulate officer's review and we'll advice if additional documents are required"

So, can I send my banking statements, it that right? and if they want more they'll let me know?? thanks

Edited by Bear11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.