DavideT

I received a Form I-751 request one year ahead of schedule, what to do now?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
11 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Hey, just chiming in to say the exact same thing happened to me. Became a PR in late 2018 but the card listed my filing date instead, which was in 2017. If you look through my profile, you can find my thread about it. My I-90 got approved super fast. Not entirely sure why because I asked for an expedite after biometrics but got an email saying it'd been denied. But it got approved in 1.5 months anyways??

Anyway, I got the I-751 reminder letter telling me to file soon. Some people said to ignore it; others said it would be a good idea to write a letter explaining my timeline and include photocopies of everything. I ended up doing the latter recently because I felt VERY uneasy about letting it go ignored. I simply do not trust USCIS to double-check people's cases. If they did, they would not have sent the mistaken I-751 reminder letters to us. Anyways, I also suggest reaching out to your senator or congressional rep to let them know your situation and to look into it as well for you to ensure further confusion doesn't occur. 

who/where did you send the letter to?

5 hours ago, DavideT said:

who/where did you send the letter to?

National Benefits Center.

I put "ATTN: I-751 REMINDER LETTER; PLEASE UPDATE RECORDS. FOR IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR REVIEW" on the envelope and my cover letter.

Timeline
2 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

National Benefits Center.

I put "ATTN: I-751 REMINDER LETTER; PLEASE UPDATE RECORDS. FOR IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR REVIEW" on the envelope and my cover letter.

thanks, i will probably do the same. Any specific packaging or just a normal mail?

2 minutes ago, DavideT said:

thanks, i will probably do the same. Any specific packaging or just a normal mail?

Just normal mail. I'll keep you updated if anything happens. Keeping my fingers you get your new card quickly.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Just normal mail. I'll keep you updated if anything happens. Keeping my fingers you get your new card quickly.

Thank you so much! will probably be able to file everything next week, at most 2 from now :D

Edited by DavideT

I just had to return my new GC because it had an error on it. Fill out the I90 and send in the card with error. Do your biometrics then request expedite due to uscis error and get a higher federal agency involved. I received my new GC within 2 months from me filing it to the new one in my hand. Call to schedule info pass and tell them you want an I-551 in your passport. My office is San Antonio as well. Trust me and listen to me. I just got my New GC maybe 2 weeks ago. Everything went smooth for me. I love the San Antonio office

Timeline
1 minute ago, killadocg23 said:

I just had to return my new GC because it had an error on it. Fill out the I90 and send in the card with error. Do your biometrics then request expedite due to uscis error and get a higher federal agency involved. I received my new GC within 2 months from me filing it to the new one in my hand. Call to schedule info pass and tell them you want an I-551 in your passport. My office is San Antonio as well. Trust me and listen to me. I just got my New GC maybe 2 weeks ago. Everything went smooth for me. I love the San Antonio office

Yeah i will do just that! the san antonio office has been really nice and understanding to me, the lady doing the interview was super nice too :)

On 5/29/2019 at 1:29 PM, mushroomspore said:

Hey, just chiming in to say the exact same thing happened to me. Became a PR in late 2018 but the card listed my filing date instead, which was in 2017. If you look through my profile, you can find my thread about it. My I-90 got approved super fast. Not entirely sure why because I asked for an expedite after biometrics but got an email saying it'd been denied. But it got approved in 1.5 months anyways??

Anyway, I got the I-751 reminder letter telling me to file soon. Some people said to ignore it; others said it would be a good idea to write a letter explaining my timeline and include photocopies of everything. I ended up doing the latter recently because I felt VERY uneasy about letting it go ignored. I simply do not trust USCIS to double-check people's cases. If they did, they would not have sent the mistaken I-751 reminder letters to us. Anyways, I also suggest reaching out to your senator or congressional rep to let them know your situation and to look into it as well for you to ensure further confusion doesn't occur. 

Wow. Hope you get it sorted out. 

4 hours ago, killadocg23 said:

Wow. Hope you get it sorted out. 

Thank you. I'm actually not too worried about it anymore because I contacted my senator about it as well and I still even have the tracking number of the envelope. Plus I myself know my own case so there are no errors on my end. I know our legal status is technically our own responsibility but the agency should really do more to keep proper records because this kind of thing can be really traumatizing. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello guys, i'm sorry if i bump this topic back up, but i need a lil clarification about one part of the I-90:

What do i put in"Location where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status" ? I thought to put San Antonio, cuz that's where the USCIS office i got my interview is located but... that's pertinent to the following question, so i'm not quite sure?

Also, any I'm probably going to mail with USPS, any suggestion on the sort of... packaging? i guess? to use? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi guys, another update:

I have sent everything on june 10th. They (supposendly, according to USPS) received my package on june 13th.

I also have sent a G-1145 to get notified of when my case gets accepted, but still haven't heard anything from them yet! Should i be worried or is it within the normal operation times? Like, i have the terror that my package got lost or something (since it has my GC in it. But USPS tracking confirms its been successfully delivered to the lockbox so...), and given that my AoS application was accepted in not even 3 days...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.