ahiann8

Vaccine cost at Knightsbridge?

11 posts in this topic

My wife needs to get a bunch of vaccines.
It will be quite a hassle for my wife to get her immunization records from when she was a child, and, as long as it doesn't cost too much, we don't really mind her getting them all again.
I have a few questions if you don't mind helping me out!

I think I read someone saying at Knightsbridge they are £90?
Is that £90 each, or simply one £90 payment for as many as you need?
And that happens at the same time as the medical exam?

I believe some of the vaccines need more than one jab, and you need to come back another time.
If that is true, does Knightsbridge need to see you have completed the full course of vaccinations, or is having started them enough?

Thanks

Edited by ahiann8

Let's see how long this DCF CR-1 takes! 😀
2019-05-22  I-130 Filed
2019-05-28  NOA1

2019-08-12  NOA2

2019-08-23  :  Packet 3 😎

3 minutes ago, ahiann8 said:

My wife needs to get a bunch of vaccines.
It will be quite a hassle for my wife to get her immunization records from when she was a child, and, as long as it does cost too much, we don't really mind her getting them all again.
I have a few questions if you don't mind helping me out!

I think I read someone saying at Knightsbridge they are £90?
Is that £90 each, or simply one £90 payment for as many as you need?
And that happens at the same time as the medical exam?

I believe some of the vaccines need more than one jab, and you need to come back another time.
If that is true, does Knightsbridge need to see you have completed the full course of vaccinations, or is having started them enough?

Thanks

The Knightsbridge price list is available here.  I'll let someone more qualified answer the other questions though.

1 minute ago, tsusoup said:

The Knightsbridge price list is available here.  I'll let someone more qualified answer the other questions though.

Thanks for that link, it will be much more than £90!

2019-05-22  I-130 Filed
2019-05-28  NOA1

2019-08-12  NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Some she can get done at her GP surgery for free. Others are time sensitive - 2 doses of MMR are needed and they have to be exactly 4 weeks apart. 

Here's the link for the requirements. It is different for various age groups. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/index.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fvaccines%2Fdefault.htm

It's much less hassle and expense if she can get them done in the UK in time for her Knightsbridge medical and signed off there and then. 

This a summary of what we paid in the US for the vaccination requirements (copied and pasted from another post):

Tdap vaccine from Walgreens - $54.99

Civil Surgeon fee for signing off vaccination section of form I- 693 - $98.00

But I needed shots completed here too, so the total has been $535.96 for both of us. 

As I said, the Civil Surgeon part is unknown to you at this point so you need to figure out if the cost/hassle is worth getting it completed in the UK or US. You can't file for AOS until you have this completed and you have 90 days from POE to do that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
54 minutes ago, ahiann8 said:

Thanks for that link, it will be much more than £90!

Ignore the previous post because that's for K1 fiancées.  Your wife (spouse visa) must complete shots before the interview. She will only need:

1 MMR

1 Tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis

Everything else will be waived. She doesn't have to show she had all the baby shots so waived for not age appropriate. It's not flu season so waived. They don't routinely have Varicella shots in the UK so waived. 

Also she will not have to hold up her immigration to get a full series. One shot of the series does it.  For example if she got MMR at Knightsbridge, she would not have to wait four weeks to get MMR#2. The waiver is "insufficient time interval".

Edited by Wuozopo

17 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Ignore the previous post because that's for K1 fiancées.  Your wife (spouse visa) must complete shots before the interview. She will only need:

1 MMR

Everything else will be waived. She doesn't have to show she had all the baby shots so waived for not age appropriate. It's not flu season so waived. They don't routinely have Varicella shots in the UK so waived. 

Also she will not have to hold up her immigration to get a full series. One shot of the series does it.  

That sounds great :)
https://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements
On this link above - "The vaccine must be an age-appropriate vaccine as recommended by the ACIP for the general U.S. population"
So like you say, if you are not a child, it seems you don't need some of them.

But where can I find a list of the ones you said we don't need because they are waived - I want to check just in case it changes.

Is there a possibility the doctors in Knightsbridge won't know about any waived immunizations? What should I show them, in case they think we need more?
Or is it the people at the embassy/USCIS who might need convincing?

Because, for example, why do you say we only need tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis, but the one with tetanus/diphtheria/polio in it is not required?

I'm not trying to be paranoid, I just don't want any hiccups in this process at all!
Thank you.

Edited by ahiann8

2019-05-22  I-130 Filed
2019-05-28  NOA1

2019-08-12  NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

1 MMR

Also she will not have to hold up her immigration to get a full series. One shot of the series does it.  For example if she got MMR at Knightsbridge, she would not have to wait four weeks to get MMR#2. The waiver is "insufficient time interval".

It wasn't my intention to mislead or misinform. I was offering an example of the cost of getting immunisations done and signed off once in the US, if that's what is required.

Timeline
1 hour ago, fip & jim said:

It wasn't my intention to mislead or misinform. I was offering an example of the cost of getting immunisations done and signed off once in the US, if that's what is required.

I know and it's good info for K1s.

But the person asking needs to know his wife only needs two shots and there is no option to get them in the US. There is no adjustment of status or civil surgeon for a IR1/CR1 spouse visa. Her visa approval gets her a greencard upon entry to the US. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ahiann8 said:

That sounds great :)
https://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements
On this link above - "The vaccine must be an age-appropriate vaccine as recommended by the ACIP for the general U.S. population"
So like you say, if you are not a child, it seems you don't need some of them.

But where can I find a list of the ones you said we don't need because they are waived - I want to check just in case it changes.

Is there a possibility the doctors in Knightsbridge won't know about any waived immunizations? What should I show them, in case they think we need more?
Or is it the people at the embassy/USCIS who might need convincing?

Because, for example, why do you say we only need tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis, but the one with tetanus/diphtheria/polio in it is not required?

I'm not trying to be paranoid, I just don't want any hiccups in this process at all!
Thank you.

Knightsbridge knows about the waivers. They do the DS-3025 Immunization forms all day everyday. 

The US requirement is Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (Tdap). Or if you have had a pertussis shot sometime in your life then Tetanus/diphtheria (Td) as the booster. If Knightsbridge gives you a Tetanus/diphtheria/polio shot, you still are covered for the Td part and the polio is just an extra that doesn't count for anything because adults are not required to have a polio shot except in a few countries where wild polio virus is on the uptick (Pakistan, Nigeria, Afghanistan). You meet the requirements of being immunized for Tetanus and diphtheria even if polio was tacked on. It just depends on the mix of medicines they buy for the clinic and what manufacturers sell in the U.K. 

Want more detail? The capital letters mean something in US Immunization lingo.

Tdap (Tetanus/diptheria/acellular pertussis) has a big dose of Tetanus and reduced dose of diptheria and pertussis. Note capital T means big dose. It is for adults and adolescents.

DTP (all caps) is also Immunization for the same 3 diseases.  It indicates a more potent dose of all three diseases and is the dosage for babies and tots. Sounds counter-intuitive, right? Studies showed that teens and adults sometimes had adverse reactions to DTP so Tdap was developed by two different manufacturers.  Boostrix and Adacel are the drugs names for Tdap.

DTaP another name for the child dosage

DT- child

Td - adult (full Tetanus,lower diphtheria)

On a side note, I got lined up with the babies at my GP clinic to get DTP because they didn't have Tdap. I had no reaction and it was perfectly acceptable for immigration because it covered the three diseases. 

I think Knightsbridge may be letting the pertussis slide these days because they no longer carry Tdap. They were emphatic that I had no record of pertussis and insisted I get it. I think they may be looking the other way these days and signing off on just a Td. My GP gave me DTP at no charge and faxed the proof to Knightsbridge.

So here's your documentation of immunizations, an age appropriate chart, and all the waivers in the Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians. https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html

And here a sample form. Note the column where they will mark the waivers and the legend codes.

IMG_2528.PNG

IMG_2528.PNG

8 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Knightsbridge knows about the waivers. They do the DS-3025 Immunization forms all day everyday.

You are a hero, thank you very much for the detailed information.
I will call up our local doctor place and get these two jabs, and afterwards make sure we get a letter from them stating that it was done.
And that will be all the evidence needed?

2019-05-22  I-130 Filed
2019-05-28  NOA1

2019-08-12  NOA2

Timeline
6 hours ago, ahiann8 said:

You are a hero, thank you very much for the detailed information.
I will call up our local doctor place and get these two jabs, and afterwards make sure we get a letter from them stating that it was done.
And that will be all the evidence needed?

Get the MMR less than 4 weeks from your visa medical date.  If you show up, say 5 weeks since the jab, it will be medically appropriate to require MMR#2. If four weeks have not passed since your first MMR, then you get the "insufficient time interval" waiver.

Your doctor may or may not allow a DTP strength for an adult and they can charge you since it's for immigration. People have many different experiences depending on their NHS provider. Vax proof can be a print out summary, hand written, a card...pretty much anything that looks like it came from NHS or a doctor, or even a travel clinic or grocery store clinic. It needs the date by each shot. You might ask that they indicate the vaccine batch number if possible. Mine was scrawled out in handwriting on a sheet of paper by the nurse and stamped with the clinic name, address, etc. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.