Jump to content
Lin&Larry

Are you under Administrative processing CR1 interview at Montreal in May 17

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My son and I had our CR1/2 interview at Montreal May 17th. The interview seems fine and the consulate told me the visa are approved. It is about to take 2 weeks and they will mail me the passport the visa is ready.

She did handover me a paper saying how to track and pick up the passport  (once the passport delivered by them). And a welcome letter also.

but till today both are cases are under Administrative processing. My case last updated was 21th May and my son’s is still the same day as the interview day 17th May.

very stressful. We Have been apart from family one year and half now. It’s just too tough for me and husband and kids.

we are not sure what does the Ap really mean. Or how long it will take. 

 

Is there anyone had interview the same day in Montreal as us? Could u pls share your status? Would Anyone has the same experience share your experience too? 

Much appreciate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 12:23 PM, Lin&Larry said:

My son and I had our CR1/2 interview at Montreal May 17th. The interview seems fine and the consulate told me the visa are approved. It is about to take 2 weeks and they will mail me the passport the visa is ready.

She did handover me a paper saying how to track and pick up the passport  (once the passport delivered by them). And a welcome letter also.

but till today both are cases are under Administrative processing. My case last updated was 21th May and my son’s is still the same day as the interview day 17th May.

very stressful. We Have been apart from family one year and half now. It’s just too tough for me and husband and kids.

we are not sure what does the Ap really mean. Or how long it will take. 

 

Is there anyone had interview the same day in Montreal as us? Could u pls share your status? Would Anyone has the same experience share your experience too? 

Much appreciate!

Hi! Did you get your passport back? Also, when was your CC and how long before you get interview date? Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Hi! Did you get your passport back? Also, when was your CC and how long before you get interview date? Thank you

Hi we haven’t yet. Still at AP.

our case CC is about end of March. It took about three weeks to get interview date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lin&Larry said:

We got case updated date to Jun 6th.

what does it mean? All check is clear or still waiting?

 

Interview: May 17th

first update May 21st

sec update: Jun 6th

 

any one could advise?

thank you so much!!

What are those updates? I wish I can move this topic to Canada forum so others can read and advise you. 

Maybe

@Ontarkie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~Moved to the Canada Forum, from IR1/CR1 - As the OP is asking for others experience with Montreal.~~


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AP is a general term. It is everything from putting your visa in your passport, waiting for additional documents, and waiting for background checks. There is no timeline it can be anything. 

 

 


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lin&Larry said:

Oh? How could we move it to Canada forum?

the update is the status update at CEAC

 

currently our case is still at Ap

@Ontarkie just moved it to Canada forum and he just answered your question. 🤗

Thank you @Ontarkie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ontarkie said:

AP is a general term. It is everything from putting your visa in your passport, waiting for additional documents, and waiting for background checks. There is no timeline it can be anything. 

 

 

Thank you!

i haven’t get any update in the last three weeks. So I’m thinking is it possible the main SAO check is done, that’s y they update my case?

 

1 minute ago, Kartinee23 said:

@Ontarkie just moved it to Canada forum and he just answered your question. 🤗

Thank you @Ontarkie

Thank you Kartinee23!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lin&Larry said:

Thank you!

i haven’t get any update in the last three weeks. So I’m thinking is it possible the main SAO check is done, that’s y they update my case?

 

Thank you Kartinee23!

You’re welcome. What is SAO? I just got CC this week so idk about this stage yet 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lin&Larry said:

Thank you!

i haven’t get any update in the last three weeks. So I’m thinking is it possible the main SAO check is done, that’s y they update my case?

 

 

Does sounds like they are working on it. It is not unusual for the passport returns to take some time.


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

You’re welcome. What is SAO? I just got CC this week so idk about this stage yet 😬

It is Security Advisory opinion including background check, name check and criminal check etc

 I was born in China and I think probably that will get me have extra check 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Does sounds like they are working on it. It is not unusual for the passport returns to take some time.

How long will it take usually at Montreal?

i am freak out since waiting with no update. It gives me hope again when I see the date update 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lin&Larry said:

It is Security Advisory opinion including background check, name check and criminal check etc

 I was born in China and I think probably that will get me have extra check 

So our police certificates from the countries we’ve been isn’t enough? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...