Jump to content
Mezyan

Preparing documents for Casablanca K1 Interview

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My petition for k1 visa should arrive shortly at the Casablanca consulate, once it does, is it too early for my fiance to start gathering documents? I know that they are behind with k1 interviews and that it could be a few months before his interview is held. I also know that some Moroccan official documents have an expiration dates on them. I'm not sure if there are some documents that would be okay to start gathering once petition arrives at embassy.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be sure not to gather the Affidavit of Support documents too soon. If you do, the documents may not be accepted and they will request this to be re-issued, to ensure that the information is up-to-date. It is recommended to wait a few months after submission before submitting these documents, at least for the CR-1 visa. Of course, it is fine to begin collecting some of these documents in the meantime, but don't submit them yet, and make sure that paystubs/proof of income are very recent when this form is submitted. 

 

Similar proceedings are recommended for the police report/certificate from the foreigner's home country/countries -- ensure this report is not too early. If the beneficiary has lived in another country (as a non-citizen) for more than 6 months, the police report from that country can take quite awhile though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Madison Simoes said:

Be sure not to gather the Affidavit of Support documents too soon. If you do, the documents may not be accepted and they will request this to be re-issued, to ensure that the information is up-to-date. It is recommended to wait a few months after submission before submitting these documents, at least for the CR-1 visa. Of course, it is fine to begin collecting some of these documents in the meantime, but don't submit them yet, and make sure that paystubs/proof of income are very recent when this form is submitted. 

 

Similar proceedings are recommended for the police report/certificate from the foreigner's home country/countries -- ensure this report is not too early. If the beneficiary has lived in another country (as a non-citizen) for more than 6 months, the police report from that country can take quite awhile though. 

Thanks, but I really need country specific information here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The documents that he will get in Morocco are valid for 90 days, you do not know if his interview will take longer than that to be set. I suggest that you wait until you have an interview to start gathering the documents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, you do need country specific

 

you can do the I 134 and send him the supporting IRS transcripts plus copy of your W2 (2018)

when you are able to schedule the interview ,  he needs the following:

 

obtain a Fiche Anthropometrique and a Casier Judiciaire from the Central Police station at their place of residence. 

and the medical exam

plus they will ask him for a original birth certicficate

plus other documents according to your personal case

 

one of the police reports is only good 90 days (expires)

and Morocco birth cerificate is only good 90 days (expires)

the medical needs to be done close to the interview as it expires in 6 months and that is also expiration of the visa

 

but the police reports and birth need to be translated into English so give him time to do that

and to note

 

The USCIS Policy Manual is our centralized online repository for immigration policies. We are working quickly to update and move material from the Adjudicator’s Field Manual to the Policy Manual. Please check that resource, along with our Policy Memoranda page, to verify information you find in the Adjudicator’s Field Manual. If you have questions or concerns about any discrepancies among these resources, please contact USCISPolicyManual@uscis.dhs.gov.

 

 

hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

yes, you do need country specific

 

you can do the I 134 and send him the supporting IRS transcripts plus copy of your W2 (2018)

when you are able to schedule the interview ,  he needs the following:

 

Thank you very much!

 

Are no other documents needed to go with the i134? Just IRS transcripts and w2s? I like the simplicity of that. :)  Don't need to contact my bank or have work write letters? I do exceed the sponsorship requirements, if that makes a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mezyan said:

Thank you very much!

 

Are no other documents needed to go with the i134? Just IRS transcripts and w2s? I like the simplicity of that. :)  Don't need to contact my bank or have work write letters? I do exceed the sponsorship requirements, if that makes a difference.

sponsorship is the I 134 and supporting IRS transcripts 

only need more if you don't meet 100% 2019 poverty guidelines and need cosponsor

no bank or other at this level unless asked for documents from embassy

you will be fine as you said "exceed the sponsorship requirements"

incha allah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...