Mezyan

Preparing documents for Casablanca K1 Interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My petition for k1 visa should arrive shortly at the Casablanca consulate, once it does, is it too early for my fiance to start gathering documents? I know that they are behind with k1 interviews and that it could be a few months before his interview is held. I also know that some Moroccan official documents have an expiration dates on them. I'm not sure if there are some documents that would be okay to start gathering once petition arrives at embassy.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Be sure not to gather the Affidavit of Support documents too soon. If you do, the documents may not be accepted and they will request this to be re-issued, to ensure that the information is up-to-date. It is recommended to wait a few months after submission before submitting these documents, at least for the CR-1 visa. Of course, it is fine to begin collecting some of these documents in the meantime, but don't submit them yet, and make sure that paystubs/proof of income are very recent when this form is submitted. 

Similar proceedings are recommended for the police report/certificate from the foreigner's home country/countries -- ensure this report is not too early. If the beneficiary has lived in another country (as a non-citizen) for more than 6 months, the police report from that country can take quite awhile though. 

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Madison Simoes said:

Be sure not to gather the Affidavit of Support documents too soon. If you do, the documents may not be accepted and they will request this to be re-issued, to ensure that the information is up-to-date. It is recommended to wait a few months after submission before submitting these documents, at least for the CR-1 visa. Of course, it is fine to begin collecting some of these documents in the meantime, but don't submit them yet, and make sure that paystubs/proof of income are very recent when this form is submitted. 

Similar proceedings are recommended for the police report/certificate from the foreigner's home country/countries -- ensure this report is not too early. If the beneficiary has lived in another country (as a non-citizen) for more than 6 months, the police report from that country can take quite awhile though. 

Thanks, but I really need country specific information here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes, you do need country specific

you can do the I 134 and send him the supporting IRS transcripts plus copy of your W2 (2018)

when you are able to schedule the interview ,  he needs the following:

obtain a Fiche Anthropometrique and a Casier Judiciaire from the Central Police station at their place of residence. 

and the medical exam

plus they will ask him for a original birth certicficate

plus other documents according to your personal case

one of the police reports is only good 90 days (expires)

and Morocco birth cerificate is only good 90 days (expires)

the medical needs to be done close to the interview as it expires in 6 months and that is also expiration of the visa

but the police reports and birth need to be translated into English so give him time to do that

and to note

The USCIS Policy Manual is our centralized online repository for immigration policies. We are working quickly to update and move material from the Adjudicator’s Field Manual to the Policy Manual. Please check that resource, along with our Policy Memoranda page, to verify information you find in the Adjudicator’s Field Manual. If you have questions or concerns about any discrepancies among these resources, please contact USCISPolicyManual@uscis.dhs.gov.

hope this helps

Timeline
32 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

yes, you do need country specific

you can do the I 134 and send him the supporting IRS transcripts plus copy of your W2 (2018)

when you are able to schedule the interview ,  he needs the following:

Thank you very much!

Are no other documents needed to go with the i134? Just IRS transcripts and w2s? I like the simplicity of that. :)  Don't need to contact my bank or have work write letters? I do exceed the sponsorship requirements, if that makes a difference.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Mezyan said:

Thank you very much!

Are no other documents needed to go with the i134? Just IRS transcripts and w2s? I like the simplicity of that. :)  Don't need to contact my bank or have work write letters? I do exceed the sponsorship requirements, if that makes a difference.

sponsorship is the I 134 and supporting IRS transcripts 

only need more if you don't meet 100% 2019 poverty guidelines and need cosponsor

no bank or other at this level unless asked for documents from embassy

you will be fine as you said "exceed the sponsorship requirements"

incha allah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.