N400NYC

N400s Filed at Manhattan (NYC) Field Office

445 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bing10 said:

Slightly different situation, but I had my N-400 interview in NYC (Brooklyn field office) on Feb 13. The officer said they couldn't adjudicate I-751 as the file was in Vermont, but they did take evidence and ask questions about the marriage, so sort of a combo interview. I got notification yesterday that the I-751 has been approved, so exactly 3 weeks after the interview. 

No notification on the N-400 yet, but I'd assume that will also change soon.

When you did the interview, did the officer say anything about future timeline (when you can expect a movement on either your I-751 or N-400)? 

3 hours ago, Yaadman20 said:

If you don't mind, when did you file in Brooklyn? I'm in the Bronx but could potentially move to BK soon. I'm trying to understand what the average timeline is for BK.

Before moving, make sure you are aware of what the potential implications are:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-happens-if-i-move-after-applying-for-u-s-citizenship.html

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

19 hours ago, h2o15 said:

Just got the update that "Oath Ceremony Will be Scheduled" on the website! For I-751, no changes yet. 

The last one will be "Oath Ceremony Has Been Scheduled" - almost there!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi all - The estimated completion date has disappeared. Have you all seen this before?  Should I worry?

image.thumb.png.8c5d69c285004afcac09ec00fc49c6ec.png

I-751 Process:

VSC received Petition: June 18, 2018
NOA Date: June 20, 2018
Biometrics Date: July 26, 2018
Approval Date: July 12, 2019
Card received Date: July 20, 2019

N-400 Process:
N400 filed online: July 20, 2019
Biometrics Date: August 12, 2019
Interview Date: October 6, 2020
Approval Date: October 9, 2020
Oath Ceremony scheduled notice: October 14, 2020
Oath Ceremony Date: November 24, 2020

2 hours ago, Gijo12 said:

Hi all - The estimated completion date has disappeared. Have you all seen this before?  Should I worry?

It happened to everyone, don't worry 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

On 3/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, h2o15 said:

Just got the update that "Oath Ceremony Will be Scheduled" on the website! For I-751, no changes yet. 

Status update: Monday March 9th - received notice that I-751 was approved. Today, March 12th, just got the notice that my oath ceremony has been scheduled/will receive notice. Hopefully things don't get cancelled because of coronavirus issues!

We shall see what implications this has for oath ceremonies in NYC...for Manhattan/Bronx residents, the oath is held in Federal Plaza...not sure how many usually attend each ceremony...

Indoor spaces with a capacity of 500 will only be able to have a maximum of 250 people.

This rule goes into effect 5pm Friday (for Broadway Theaters it goes into effect at 5pm Thursday).

nys.PNG

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

3 hours ago, h2o15 said:

Status update: Monday March 9th - received notice that I-751 was approved. Today, March 12th, just got the notice that my oath ceremony has been scheduled/will receive notice. Hopefully things don't get cancelled because of coronavirus issues!

Just an update, got the oath ceremony letter - it's scheduled for March 27th! My hope is that USCIS will do the ceremonies in smaller groups of people. Hopefully it doesn't get affected. If it does, hopefully it gets rescheduled soon!

There are many things field offices could do to minimize disruption to oath ceremonies and to keep things moving even in an era of coronavirus! For example:

- smaller groups

- shorter ceremonies

- no guests/visitors

- hand sanitizer upon entry

- screening attendees upon entry to make sure they don't have obvious symptoms and/or haven't recently traveled to a zone heavily impacted by coronavirus

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

20 hours ago, N400NYC said:

There are many things field offices could do to minimize disruption to oath ceremonies and to keep things moving even in an era of coronavirus! For example:

- smaller groups

- shorter ceremonies

- no guests/visitors

- hand sanitizer upon entry

- screening attendees upon entry to make sure they don't have obvious symptoms and/or haven't recently traveled to a zone heavily impacted by coronavirus

So I saw a post of a friend of mine on fb, which just had the oath today... apparently the judge mentioned that most likely, they were the last ones to be sworn in for awhile... this happened in NY at least...

I will write in more detail overt the weekend but the short story is I am now a CITIZEN of the USA.

OMG, it's hard to believe. I had the oath ceremony in Manhattan today (Federal Plaza) and it is such a relief to finally be finished with this process. I felt like this day was never going to arrive. 

I'll be sticking around this forum to provide moral support to those who are still waiting as I know how painful it is! 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

3 hours ago, N400NYC said:

I will write in more detail overt the weekend but the short story is I am now a CITIZEN of the USA.

OMG, it's hard to believe. I had the oath ceremony in Manhattan today (Federal Plaza) and it is such a relief to finally be finished with this process. I felt like this day was never going to arrive. 

I'll be sticking around this forum to provide moral support to those who are still waiting as I know how painful it is! 

so happy for you my friend!!

4 hours ago, N400NYC said:

You such a very nice person! Congrats my friend!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.