Mari181

I just had my GC interview 05/23/2019

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I just had my interview (I was waiting for 1,5 years). You can read my whole 3,5-years nonsence story in my profile (I was denied twice because of the doctor's mistake, she didn't feel the medical form properly). We have a lawyer. 

The interview was quick and easy, but the problem is that the officer said that he is very sorry but he did not go through my case and he was not prepared for the interview. He gave us a paper says that my case is being held for review and it may take 120 days. but he said that we are fine and he thinks that everything will be ok. I am sick of waiting! My Driver's licence will be expired in 2 weeks and i will have to Uber again! I sick of it!  

8 minutes ago, Mari181 said:

I just had my interview (I was waiting for 1,5 years). You can read my whole 3,5-years nonsence story in my profile (I was denied twice because of the doctor's mistake, she didn't feel the medical form properly). We have a lawyer. 

The interview was quick and easy, but the problem is that the officer said that he is very sorry but he did not go through my case and he was not prepared for the interview. He gave us a paper says that my case is being held for review and it may take 120 days. but he said that we are fine and he thinks that everything will be ok. I am sick of waiting! My Driver's licence will be expired in 2 weeks and i will have to Uber again! I sick of it!  

What were you denied twice for?

I know - this waiting game gets old really quick. <_<

15 minutes ago, Mari181 said:

Timeline
Just now, barashka said:

I know - this waiting game gets old really quick. <_<

My first interview was very quick and easy but the officer said that my medical is 1 month expired, that we are fine, but we only need to submit the new one. So I did the new medical exam, the doctor refused to give me the copy. So we had no idea what was in the envelop. After sometime we received a notice from USCIS saying that the medical was not filled completely and the Gonorrhea section was not filled at all! So they asked me to fix the mistake, we went to the same doctor and asked her to fill the Gonorrhea section, so she gave us the sealed envelop again. Few days after we received a letter of denial. The doctor did the same mistake twice!!!!!!! The reason was the medical which was not filled properly. We filed the motion to reopen and submitted the new medical from another doctor. In a year we got a letter of denial saying that they understand that it was the doctor's mistake, but it was my responsibility! So we filed I-495 all over again and I just had my interview. I never though that they will stop my case for the review!!!! After all that time we suffered and spent thousands of dollars!!!!! Because of people's mistake!!!!

2 minutes ago, Mari181 said:

My first interview was very quick and easy but the officer said that my medical is 1 month expired, that we are fine, but we only need to submit the new one. So I did the new medical exam, the doctor refused to give me the copy. So we had no idea what was in the envelop. After sometime we received a notice from USCIS saying that the medical was not filled completely and the Gonorrhea section was not filled at all! So they asked me to fix the mistake, we went to the same doctor and asked her to fill the Gonorrhea section, so she gave us the sealed envelop again. Few days after we received a letter of denial. The doctor did the same mistake twice!!!!!!! The reason was the medical which was not filled properly. We filed the motion to reopen and submitted the new medical from another doctor. In a year we got a letter of denial saying that they understand that it was the doctor's mistake, but it was my responsibility! So we filed I-495 all over again and I just had my interview. I never though that they will stop my case for the review!!!! After all that time we suffered and spent thousands of dollars!!!!! Because of people's mistake!!!!

Awh, I am so sorry you had to experience that. That is ridiculous. Hopefully, everything will be fine.

When was your first medical in Russia done and when was your first Green Card interview? Like, how much time passed between that made them determine it was expired?

Timeline
Just now, barashka said:

Awh, I am so sorry you had to experience that. That is ridiculous. Hopefully, everything will be fine.

When was your first medical in Russia done and when was your first Green Card interview? Like, how much time passed between that made them determine it was expired?

Before it was faster. My interview was 13 moths by my first interview time. 

37 minutes ago, Mari181 said:

Before it was faster. My interview was 13 moths by my first interview time. 

There was 13 times in between your medical and your first interview?

Timeline
Just now, barashka said:

There was 13 times in between your medical and your first interview?

13 moths between my Moscow medical exam (for K1 visa) and my first GC interview. So it was 1 month expired.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Omg, I'm so sorry, that is so annoying and terrible and not fair!!!!

And now one more thing to be freaking out about in this freaky enough process!

Is there any way to make sure that the civil surgeon did not make a mistake? Can they deny to give me a copy of the filled form if I request it? 

Science is not a liberal conspiracy.

Our immigration journey 

Spoiler

01/02/2018 Started dating 

01/21/2019 Got engaged

04/08/2019 Got married

06/17/2019 AOS package sent

06/19/2019 Package delivered

06/24/2019 Card charged 

06/25/2019 Text notifications (no email!)

07/03/2019 Received NOA1 for I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 (dated 06/25/2019)

07/20/2019 Received biometrics appointment letter (dated 07/12/2019)

07/31/2019 Biometrics

09/03/2019 Received interview notice

10/10/2019 Interview

10/11/2019 Case approved! :star:

10/16/2019 "Card was mailed" case status update

10/17/2019 Received tracking number for the green card in mail

10/18/2019 Green card in hand! 

Spoiler

07/18/2021 ROC package sent (UPS)

07/22/2021 Package delivered

07/23/2021 Card charged

07/24/2021 Text notification - case received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, Mari181 said:

What a horrible experience! I am so sorry that this happened to you, twice! Hopefully your experience will help others. Is it against the VJ TOS to post that doctor's name, to warn others from your area not to use that inept doctor?

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Timeline
48 minutes ago, junkmart said:

What a horrible experience! I am so sorry that this happened to you, twice! Hopefully your experience will help others. Is it against the VJ TOS to post that doctor's name, to warn others from your area not to use that inept doctor?

Thank you very much! I don't really know. The hospital locates in Hallandale beach, Miami. The doctor was Russian (a woman). They were very rude when I called them begging to fix the mistake. They said if you have been denied why are you still here?!!!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Rosalind F said:

Omg, I'm so sorry, that is so annoying and terrible and not fair!!!!

And now one more thing to be freaking out about in this freaky enough process!

Is there any way to make sure that the civil surgeon did not make a mistake? Can they deny to give me a copy of the filled form if I request it? 

Yes! You can avoid it! According to USCIS official information the doctor must issue a copy of your medical. It is against the law to refuse it. I did not know about it and our lawyer did not inform us. So my doctor refused to issue a copy.     

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

7 minutes ago, Mari181 said:

Thank you very much! I don't really know. The hospital locates in Hallandale beach, Miami. The doctor was Russian (a woman). They were very rude when I called them begging to fix the mistake. They said if you have been denied why are you still here?!!! 

Wow. This one: VIP Medical Center PLLC? First name rhymes with Henrietta, but starts with a G?

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.