jakejon

AOS I-485 Las Vegas 2018/19

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 8/14/2019 at 9:31 AM, jakejon said:

Hey guys! Update. So I shockingly received my interview notice for Sept 12th. Las Vegas may appear to be speeding up quite dramatically. Fingers crossed for you guys.

@Loren Y - your interview may be this year at this rate!!! :) 

Yep, This year all right!! right behind yours, thanks for the Karma!!!!😁

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Update!!!! Just received my AOS interview notice in the mail today!!!! Filed on Febuary 8th,2019 received notice in a little over 6.5 months. Interview is set for Oct. 3rd,2019. They didn't just speed it up, they cut the time in half!! I was expecting 12-14 months until you said yours came up fast and I was hoping for notice in November, not the end of August. I thought all sorts of bad things at work when I saw the Informed delivery email me a copy of my mail and I saw the notice because there was no way I expected an Interview notice in under 7 months for an office quoting 12-14 avg. wait time. Maybe the letter did get them to kick it up a notch!!

That is wonderful news! Congrats. I had a good feeling from trends I was noticing. Finally great to see great movement 😊

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Received my GC 1 week after my interview. Best of luck to everyone. So happy to see Las Vegas moving so quick. I know I may not be on VJ as much but I wish each and every single one of you reading this the best success. My interview was fab! The staff are so lovely. 

Jon ❤️ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/19/2019 at 9:27 PM, jakejon said:

Received my GC 1 week after my interview. Best of luck to everyone. So happy to see Las Vegas moving so quick. I know I may not be on VJ as much but I wish each and every single one of you reading this the best success. My interview was fab! The staff are so lovely. 

Jon ❤️ 

Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, rickwaller said:

No, we are still waiting..............!

Sorry to hear that! Really can't understand why it would take that long! Hopefully you'll be near your inquiry period pretty soon. Good luck :) 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Sorry to hear that! Really can't understand why it would take that long! Hopefully you'll be near your inquiry period pretty soon. Good luck :) 

Not sure how we can inquire. You can no longer make infopass appointments and the tier one and two phone agents say they know no more than what shows on your account online.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Still no update other than the reply we received from our online case inquiry.

Their answer : " Our records show that your form I-484, application to register permanent residence or adjust status is currently in process. We  regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay"

My I-131 expires in February, in a quandary whether I should renew it. surely I should receive my Green card before then?

Edited by rickwaller
Add question

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Married to USC.

PD: 10/08/2019

Biometrics: 12/31/2019 [delayed due to holidays I’m guessing]

Waiting for EAD and potential interview notice. Fingers crossed the Las Vegas USCIS office continues its efficient streak and I get more updates soon.

Edited by vegas_avgeek
More info

My 485 status changed to “Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”. Just curious, how long is it taking currently for those applying through the vegas USCIS office to schedule interviews?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/4/2020 at 5:27 PM, vegas_avgeek said:

My 485 status changed to “Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”. Just curious, how long is it taking currently for those applying through the vegas USCIS office to schedule interviews?

Hi there, my "ready" date is September 25, 2019. still no news on the interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, everyone! My status changed to "interview was scheduled" today. 

Here are the dates in snapshot:

NOA-1 - July 29, 2019

Ready - September 25, 2019

EAD/AP - December 3, 2019

Scheduled - January 15, 2020

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My I765 status changed to “New card is being produced” on 01/28/2019.

On a different note, my I485 expedite request has been stuck at “Expedite request received” since 01/13/2019. There’s been no letter/email about additional documentation either other than from Vegas USCIS office that the MSC will be handling it. Any thoughts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.