TBoneTX

I-751 October 2017 Filers -- Part II

253 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, Megan zhang said:

that's what I meant! if I still get rfe by now, will drag the processing time much longer...mine is now 20 months! 

If you are out of processing time, you are eligible to  send an online inquiry.

Looks like the use the excuse of they are still waiting for the background check, I sent the online inquiry and I got the same answer. 

2 hours ago, dilip said:

If you are out of processing time, you are eligible to  send an online inquiry.

I did two weeks ago and they told me  they are still viewing my case...will mail me notice when they make decision 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Megan zhang said:

I did two weeks ago and they told me  they are still viewing my case...will mail me notice when they make decision 

A typical reply.  Not sure, why they need so many months to approve.  Instead of sending the email, they could have spend that time to approve your case.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:09 AM, vvp said:

What do you mean you “kept the way it was”? You have to convert your jointly filled I-751 to the divorce waiver. You need to do it ASAP. Do not answer to the rfe before you convert your I751 to a waiver. I would seek an attorney ASAP in your situation.

You need to see a lawyer asap you need a wavier now to be subbmited with your case 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
19 hours ago, LampPost said:

I applied in oct 2017 and then divorce in May 2018, transfer from cali to Vermont and now fews days back RFE.

How you informed uscis about your divorce? 

@LampPost once I got my divorce decree, I wrote down a long, and very detailed statement explaining then the reasons why we got divorced. I told them our entire story, from when I met my ex husband to the day when I got my divorce decree. I sent them final evidence like the last statements of our joint bank account, our last taxes and the last apartment lease before we close everything we had together, and before we moved out of our apartment. I know you might feel anxious and scared, I’ve been there, but you got this! Please ask me if you need anything else!

On 5/29/2019 at 8:39 AM, Ali7 said:

Hi guys,

last week I had my ROC interview, I didn’t apply for I-400 because in the middle of my process I got divorce. Anyway, in the interview, at the end, they told me they’ll let me know in the next few weeks. On Friday I received a notification from the case tracker saying “new card is being produced,” however, online my status is the same, nothing hasn’t changed yet in there. Well, now I’m confused. Have I gotten approved or not?2A3EB50E-7AD4-40E3-B12D-3CD014AF4982.thumb.jpeg.3b674943c4b0c6756cf1999d51aa91b8.jpeg

@Ali7 That means, it's approved! Congratulations. 

On 5/28/2019 at 10:17 AM, I751_HK said:

Congrats. What was your last status? Where was your application at? 

@I751_HK I filed in California and then got transferred to Nebraska in November 2018. 

On 5/24/2019 at 12:09 AM, phjs said:

I filed my I-751 in October 2017 and still waiting. My N-400 was filed in October 2018 and its interview got scheduled for next month. Is it normal for the N-400 to be that fast compared to the I-751? Does anyone have any tips for the interview? Any information about what to expect in the interview would be appreciated.

@phjs It's going to be a joint interview. They will interview you and your spouse for I-751 approval and then you will be scheduled for N-400 right after (same day). They have to approve your I-751 first before your N-400 interview. Make sure you bring your spouse and updated joint documents (ie. tax returns, apt lease,etc) with you to the interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
16 hours ago, TK619 said:

@Ali7 That means, it's approved! Congratulations. 

@TK619 thank you so much for the info! I received my green card yesterday actually, and I can’t explain in words how happy I am. I wish you and to everybody else the best for this long process. For me, finally it’s over 😭🙌🏻 

So, I went for my 551 stamp today. The whole process took about an hour, the office was quite busy. The stamp was given to me for a year. I asked the status of my pending 751 and IO said that it arrived to Baltimore couple of weeks ago and it’s currently under review. I ask if I should expect interview soon? They said that interview may not needed, all depends on the outcome of the review. That’s about it, keep on waiting... I’ll be submitting my request for out of processing time tonight. Nothing to loose at this point.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.