RoaringMdog

Preparing for Packet 3 (Amsterdam)

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, we got got our NOA2 a few weeks ago and since may 1st our paperwork has been with the NVC. Now i know it' still going to be a while before the embassy gets it but i'd like to start preparing as much as we can so that once i get packet 3 i can send that back fast.

We're already preparing the I134 and that stuff but i was wondering about the passport pictures. Would it be okay of i get those taken now? Or do they need to be closer to the interview?

Also, about the vaccinations. I read that its smarter to get them done through the doctor(or the GGD here in the Netherlands) and i was wondering if thats actually correct. Is it cheaper to get it done before the actual medical, or should I just wait and do it then?

Thanks for the help :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Passport pictures should not be older than 6 months, hence you can already take them now. It is assumed that your interview will be within 6 months from now.

I am not sure about the vaccinations, since I had all necessary ones. However, I would imagine that it can't hurt to get the shots in advance, just to speed up the process at the day of the medical exam. The consulate should provide a list with all necessary vaccinations, and you can also ask the doctor where you will go to for your medical what vaccinations are necessary.

Alright great, i'll get those done soon then. 

For vaccinations, dont i just have to get the ones that are on this page? Thats what i've read atleast, but it could have been out of date. 

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I think that not all of these are required. For example, they didn't require Hep A and seasonal influenza shot. However, I would call the doctor or go to their website, since they know best what the consulate they work with requires.

Edited by Kürbis&Tannenbaum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I would not get vaccinations now.  Instead gather all of your existing vaccination records.  The medical examiner may or may not accept those.  

There is really nothing else to do but wait. The petitioner should not make any commitments that would make it difficult to respond to embassy instructions. Recently we have someone with an NOA2 whose alien fiancé was going to be working in the jungle for three months. The question was: “will this be a problem”? And the answer is of course.    

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.