TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,374 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, sk91 said:

yes that was already submitted after interview ... category was CR-1 

Oky I submitted too after interview but don't know what kind of vetting embassy does which take so much time in that too in Modern hi-tech technology era. GOD bless all of us. 

2 hours ago, sk91 said:

Each case is processed differently. Some get visas after 2 months with ds 5535, some get it within 6-12 months and sadly some people keep waiting ....

Yeah that makes sense but I was at least hoping to get some updates on my case, like someone really sitting there working on it. It hasn't been updated for over 2 months already....

Oh btw one important question: Did they ask you guys for your photos at the interview? I've noticed that with others, they got asked for their photos with the interview. I brought mine as well but the interviewer didn't ask me for my photos. That initially made me a bit skeptical because you hear everywhere that they need photos of you and the interviewer didn't ask me for mine.

2 hours ago, Cashorino said:

Oh btw one important question: Did they ask you guys for your photos at the interview? I've noticed that with others, they got asked for their photos with the interview. I brought mine as well but the interviewer didn't ask me for my photos. That initially made me a bit skeptical because you hear everywhere that they need photos of you and the interviewer didn't ask me for mine.

yes photos are required at the time of interview 

6 hours ago, sk91 said:

yes photos are required at the time of interview 

See that's what worries me. They didn't ask me for mine. I can clearly remember how people before me who applied for a J1 as well were asked for their photos. When it was my turn, my interviewer didn't ask me for my photo. He just said at the end of the interview that my visa is approved.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Cashorino said:

What are your experiences, guys? People on here don't seem to be that talkative, huh? :( Did you have to provide you photos at the interview?

At our first interview they asked for pictures and looked through our album the second interview they did not.   I'm certain they already have a  opinion on your situation before talking with you so they may have not been interested in seeing them.  

Our first interview was bad lots of questions, accusations and a returned petition.  The second interview was super quick and easy but we were put in AP.   After submitting the questionnaire we had several updates two weeks in a row we had 3 or 4 back to back.   The updates slowed down each month after and now on month 8 our case only updates when we inquire.   We have had a total of 18 updates but only 9 without an inquiry.

9 hours ago, Cashorino said:

Yeah that makes sense but I was at least hoping to get some updates on my case, like someone really sitting there working on it. It hasn't been updated for over 2 months already....

Same...the last update on my husband case was in March 14 and that was when I sent them inquiry.  I sent them another inquiry on May 13 they responded but the case didn’t update.💔

On 6/17/2019 at 8:35 PM, Yrneh said:

I’am an us citizen I have a case at NVC that has been completed for more than 85 days. I am still waiting for the interview letter for my wife in Haiti . How long should I waited to get an interview for IR1? I’m wondering why it takes so to have the date for the interview.

Depends on the country of interview? Depends on where it's taking place timeline varies

11 hours ago, Cashorino said:

See that's what worries me. They didn't ask me for mine. I can clearly remember how people before me who applied for a J1 as well were asked for their photos. When it was my turn, my interviewer didn't ask me for my photo. He just said at the end of the interview that my visa is approved.....

well you don't need to worry if he said visa is approved. If your photos are required they will contact you. 

2 hours ago, sk91 said:

well you don't need to worry if he said visa is approved. If your photos are required they will contact you. 

Yeah he said it is approved but I'm put into AP and DS5535, doesn't look like approved to me lol OK that sounds fair enough, I was just worried because others handed their pictures and I wasn't asked for it.

12 hours ago, Sagittarius said:

What photos are you talking about the marriage evidence photos or passport size photos for visa paperwork and stuff?

I am not getting a marriage visa or something, I was getting a visa for an internship. The photo that they ask for at the interview when you hand them over your paper work

13 hours ago, Saraso said:

Same...the last update on my husband case was in March 14 and that was when I sent them inquiry.  I sent them another inquiry on May 13 they responded but the case didn’t update.💔

Even more frustrating for me since my inquiry didn't even result in an update. It's like they didn't even bother looking into it. Everyone here says they get an update after each call or inquiry, mine didn't even update at all.

13 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

At our first interview they asked for pictures and looked through our album the second interview they did not.   I'm certain they already have a  opinion on your situation before talking with you so they may have not been interested in seeing them.  

Our first interview was bad lots of questions, accusations and a returned petition.  The second interview was super quick and easy but we were put in AP.   After submitting the questionnaire we had several updates two weeks in a row we had 3 or 4 back to back.   The updates slowed down each month after and now on month 8 our case only updates when we inquire.   We have had a total of 18 updates but only 9 without an inquiry.

I had just one super quick interview and AP now. No updates since filling out the DS 5535 ......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.