Jump to content

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, me and my husband are planning on starting the process soon. Our case is cut and dry luckily, the only hitch seems to be that I, as a full time college student, have no income other than financial aid. My husband definitely makes over the $21,000 a year threshold here, i’m just unsure if when filing i can use HIS income SOLELY? any help is appreciated. i can’t find this question anywhere 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mari098 said:

Hi, me and my husband are planning on starting the process soon. Our case is cut and dry luckily, the only hitch seems to be that I, as a full time college student, have no income other than financial aid. My husband definitely makes over the $21,000 a year threshold here, i’m just unsure if when filing i can use HIS income SOLELY? any help is appreciated. i can’t find this question anywhere 😞

is your husband the incoming immigrant?

 

if you are the USC and you do not have income that meets you will need to get a co/joint sponsor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

is your husband the incoming immigrant?

 

if you are the USC and you do not have income that meets you will need to get a co/joint sponsor.

I’m the citizen, but, i don’t think i would classify him as  an incoming immigrant. He has a work permit here and he’s on DACA. so we’re just filing for AOS 

 

Ive read some examples here where spousal income was okay to use. If not I can obtain a sponsor, just would rather try on our own if possible. 

Edited by mari098

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mari098 said:

I’m the citizen, but, i don’t think i would classify him as  an incoming immigrant. He has a work permit here and he’s on DACA. so we’re just filing for AOS 

 

Ive read some examples here where spousal income was okay to use. If not I can obtain a sponsor, just would rather try on our own if possible. 

You can use his income (with yours or just his income, doesn't matter) if it is legal, in the US, and will continue after he gets a green card. 

 

Need a letter from the employer to prove the latter, and you're good to go. 


Adjusting from TN to GC as spouse of USC

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-11: Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - approved 

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expires 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eckoin said:

You can use his income (with yours or just his income, doesn't matter) if it is legal, in the US, and will continue after he gets a green card. 

 

Need a letter from the employer to prove the latter, and you're good to go. 

Okay! thank you so much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...