JeffandNadine

Medical and interview in manila

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just received NOA 2 today and are beyond excited. How many days should be between the medical at stlukes in manila and the interview at the consulate? We were planning on doing the medical on Monday and Tuesday and scheduling the interview on Thursday and attending CFO while waiting for the visa to be delivered to the mall of asia.

*~*~*country-specific question moved to Philippines regional forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, JeffandNadine said:

We just received NOA 2 today and are beyond excited. How many days should be between the medical at stlukes in manila and the interview at the consulate? We were planning on doing the medical on Monday and Tuesday and scheduling the interview on Thursday and attending CFO while waiting for the visa to be delivered to the mall of asia.

It's possible to do it as you are planning 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, JeffandNadine said:

That schedule should work just fine.   Leaving a day in between is a good thing for - just in case, as the embassy requires a full 24 hr notice on cancellations.

You will need the NVC letter/email to complete the medical at SLEC.   The quickest way to get that is to email NVC requesting your case file number, info in the link below.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

Once you have your MNL#, you can pay the visa fee.   Once your status on CEAC is READY you can then schedule your interview.   Info on the complete process in the link below.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

CFO recently opened up more May openings, usually their scheduling is about a month out.   I will add a link for CFO info below.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

That schedule should work just fine.   Leaving a day in between is a good thing for - just in case, as the embassy requires a full 24 hr notice on cancellations.

You will need the NVC letter/email to complete the medical at SLEC.   The quickest way to get that is to email NVC requesting your case file number, info in the link below.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

Once you have your MNL#, you can pay the visa fee.   Once your status on CEAC is READY you can then schedule your interview.   Info on the complete process in the link below.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

CFO recently opened up more May openings, usually their scheduling is about a month out.   I will add a link for CFO info below.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

These links are great, thank you very much! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeffandNadine said:

These links are great, thank you very much! 

Do be patient with NVC, it can take a week or two before they receive the case file from USCIS, then it can be another 2-4 weeks before they get the case file processed.

NVC will not reply to your email until they have processed your case file and it has shipped to Manila, so .. more patience.  You do not need to send multiple emails to NVC .. just patience  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Do be patient with NVC, it can take a week or two before they receive the case file from USCIS, then it can be another 2-4 weeks before they get the case file processed.

NVC will not reply to your email until they have processed your case file and it has shipped to Manila, so .. more patience.  You do not need to send multiple emails to NVC .. just patience 

Noted. To have just gotten past the longest part of the K1 process, at this point I feel like everything should be easier now. Thanks again!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, JeffandNadine said:

Noted. To have just gotten past the longest part of the K1 process, at this point I feel like everything should be easier now. Thanks again!

Yes everything will go much faster now.  Once everything is at the embassy you can be done with the visa interview in a month or less.

Walang anuman

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I got my NOA2 on April 22 and I am still waiting on NVC, but I did as Hank suggested and already had my fiancé start ordering her birth certificates, medical records, CENOMAR and NBI clearance why we wait. We plan on also doing the medical and interview within a week of each other.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Zach2015 said:

I got my NOA2 on April 22 and I am still waiting on NVC, but I did as Hank suggested and already had my fiancé start ordering her birth certificates, medical records, CENOMAR and NBI clearance why we wait. We plan on also doing the medical and interview within a week of each other.

CFO?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, Zach2015 said:

@payxibka She attended a seminar when she was on her J1 visa. She thinks she can just renew her sticker. We shall see.

Ya we chatted on that earlier as I recall, being she attended the PDOS seminar before not sure if that certificate will be good for getting the sticker with K-1.   I know with the F series visas they have to attend PDOS and those are immigrant visas so my gut leans toward it will be accepted, but then this is CFO .. nothing is normal.   It will be curious to know. 

As said before you might want to contact CFO to see if her certificate is valid for that.   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.