Duel

DV2020 Case number too high!!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi guys,

I was selected as a winner of DV2020, but my case number seems to be way too high! 

My Case number is 2020EU47xxx.

Does this number represent my number only for EU region or for all the applicants?

What are the chances that I'm going to be scheduled for an interview, since I"m over 47 000th in line?

Also,I cannot find anywhere  what is the deadline to submit the DS-260 form

It’s not “47000th in line”, but we don’t have enough info to tell you where in line you are. Once the official data about the number of selectees gets published, there will be a better idea of how high or low it really is.  For now, it seems high, but weird things happen sometimes. 

No official deadline to submit DS260 so if you’d prefer to wait a while, especially if you want to get an idea of how case numbers are progressing, it won’t be a problem. KCC process changed slightly this year, should probably submit DS form by around 3-4 months before an interview might be expected. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, momofmeli said:

Same happened in 2013-2014 visas was done on case numbers 39K. Hope this time all winners that won can get their visas

There were far more selectees in DV2014, also some changes in eligible countries plus now travel ban countries hardly get DV visas. So case numbers are not comparable. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** personal info removed.  Please post on the forums as much as possible, so others can benefit from the info too.  In any case, do not post email or postal addresses, case or phone numbers or full names online for your own privacy and security. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

It's true that 47xxx is a high and far case number , but don't lose hope , because when you are under 50000 ,  you have the chance to be in interview , i have a friend who was selected in dv2019 with a 41xxx case number, and he was afraid that they will not call him.. but in the end he get his visa approved in interview 3 days ago , he waited more than 10 months to the intreview... so don't worry, and don't lose hope, i wish you all the best :) 

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.