Jump to content
Rocko20

Notified of GC interview scheduled, but won’t be at home to receive the letter

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I’m US Air Force and have been currently deployed for 6 months. Before I deployed, my wife was admitted to America on the K1 and we filed for AOS. Fast forward to now she has her EAD and everything is going well while she works in Hawaii and I’m still deployed until May 10

 

So, May 5th we get the USCIS online notification that an interview is scheduled. The problem is that me and my wife have planned our vacation in Nevada for May 10-19 (these vacation dates after my deployment were planned back in February, obviously we had no idea the green card interview would only be a 7 month wait from when we first filed AOS in October) and we won’t be at home to receive any USCIS mail 

 

We called USCIS and submitted a request to reschedule but obviously we still won’t be at home to receive any mail on the original date or possible rescheduled date 

 

Should I be worried about this? Or is there a low chance the actual interview will happen during that 10 day window we will be gone? As of now, I’m worried some mail will arrive on the 13th with instructions to go for an interview on the 18th, despite the fact we already submitted a request for reschedule to be on the safe side. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

I’m US Air Force and have been currently deployed for 6 months. Before I deployed, my wife was admitted to America on the K1 and we filed for AOS. Fast forward to now she has her EAD and everything is going well while she works in Hawaii and I’m still deployed until May 10

 

So, May 5th we get the USCIS online notification that an interview is scheduled. The problem is that me and my wife have planned our vacation in Nevada for May 10-19 (these vacation dates after my deployment were planned back in February, obviously we had no idea the green card interview would only be a 7 month wait from when we first filed AOS in October) and we won’t be at home to receive any USCIS mail 

 

We called USCIS and submitted a request to reschedule but obviously we still won’t be at home to receive any mail on the original date or possible rescheduled date 

 

Should I be worried about this? Or is there a low chance the actual interview will happen during that 10 day window we will be gone? As of now, I’m worried some mail will arrive on the 13th with instructions to go for an interview on the 18th, despite the fact we already submitted a request for reschedule to be on the safe side. 

 

 

 

 

If you got a notification May 5, there is a chance that the interview letter won’t arrive until the week of 13th. And most likely your interview won’t be until first or second week of June.  So based on your story, you should be back from vacation before June arrives.  I got my notice May 2, and got the letter in the mail today the 9th and my interview won’t be until June 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

I’m US Air Force and have been currently deployed for 6 months. Before I deployed, my wife was admitted to America on the K1 and we filed for AOS. Fast forward to now she has her EAD and everything is going well while she works in Hawaii and I’m still deployed until May 10

 

So, May 5th we get the USCIS online notification that an interview is scheduled. The problem is that me and my wife have planned our vacation in Nevada for May 10-19 (these vacation dates after my deployment were planned back in February, obviously we had no idea the green card interview would only be a 7 month wait from when we first filed AOS in October) and we won’t be at home to receive any USCIS mail 

 

We called USCIS and submitted a request to reschedule but obviously we still won’t be at home to receive any mail on the original date or possible rescheduled date 

 

Should I be worried about this? Or is there a low chance the actual interview will happen during that 10 day window we will be gone? As of now, I’m worried some mail will arrive on the 13th with instructions to go for an interview on the 18th, despite the fact we already submitted a request for reschedule to be on the safe side. 

 

 

 

 

For me, the interview was scheduled for about one month after the interview notice. You should be back before the interview. Have you thought about rescheduling your vacation?


c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

 

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-02-27 Package received

2019-02-27 Priority Date

2019-03-04 Notice Date

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pengunista said:

If you got a notification May 5, there is a chance that the interview letter won’t arrive until the week of 13th. And most likely your interview won’t be until first or second week of June.  So based on your story, you should be back from vacation before June arrives.  I got my notice May 2, and got the letter in the mail today the 9th and my interview won’t be until June 6

Thanks, that was the type of timeline I was looking for. Much appreciated 

Edited by Rocko20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, junkmart said:

For me, the interview was scheduled for about one month after the interview notice. You should be back before the interview. Have you thought about rescheduling your vacation?

Thanks as well, it gives me some relief 

 

I wish we could reschedule the vacation but the issue is I’ve already bought all plane tickets to Nevada which wasn’t cheap. And I’ve alreaud submitted my request for leave as well as my wife getting her days off. Obviously this GC interview take priority over anything, we simply didn’t think it was going to come up in 7 months. 

 

Either way, thank you for your information 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...