LaLaRI

K1 Visa Missed letter on the petitioners name issue?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! 

My fiancĂ© received his passport today via 2GO (Interview 4/25, Issued May 2, Delivered May 😎 we noticed the my last name under the petitioner section on the actual visa is missing a letter. Would this be an issue upon arrival? What should be done?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

Hi! 

My fiancĂ© received his passport today via 2GO (Interview 4/25, Issued May 2, Delivered May 😎 we noticed the my last name under the petitioner section on the actual visa is missing a letter. Would this be an issue upon arrival? What should be done?

You can contact the embassy and return the passport for correction of the visa typo.    If the missing letter is at the end of the name and you have a long name/names it could be a space limitation.

With that said I doubt it would be an issue, it is the Beneficiary name that is vital to be correct. 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Delete...Hank has it covered. It is normal. Ours was the same.

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You can contact the embassy and return the passport for correction of the visa typo.    If the missing letter is at the end of the name and you have a long name/names it could be a space limitation.

With that said I doubt it would be an issue, it is the Beneficiary name that is vital to be correct. 

2 hours ago, boris64 said:

They left out the 3rd letter on my last name, I didn’t think it would be an issue since his name is correct. Just in case I had to ask :) because he was planning to leave around the 28th of this month so if it wasn’t necessary to get a revised Visa just coz of a missed letter cool then! Instead of additional delay to get it sent out redone and sent back to him.

thank you!

Timeline
9 hours ago, boris64 said:

Did you have it corrected? Or left it as is and had your fiancĂ© arrive to the US with the missing letter? We can’t get ahold of anyone at the embassy 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

Did you have it corrected? Or left it as is and had your fiancĂ© arrive to the US with the missing letter? We can’t get ahold of anyone at the embassy 

A simple typo on petitioner's name will not be a concern 

YMMV

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

So long story short due to the missing letter my fiancé’s passport and the rest of what was delivered to him was sent back via 2Go to USEM with a 221G document and a formal letter stating the minor error.. this was delivered back in May 13 as of today we have yet to receive any update. I’ve sent an email asking for an update to the support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com I got an email back stating a case was opened and I should receive a reply within 1 to 2 days (May 23) according to CEAC it still shows issued from the original date. How long does this usually take? And what other steps can we take? 

Many of our friends and family advised that due to the whole changes in government it’s better to be safe with all correct info on the visa before any issue comes up upon arrival .. so I guess pressured to get it changed so we did.. fiancĂ© went to USEM but since he doesn’t have a ticket within 14 days they advised to return it via 2go..

fiancés flight is not until July 17..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.