4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, my husband is filing the affidavit of support for me for my AOS filling. I have a copy of his 2017 and 2018 tax return from the IRS along with the W-2's. We have a copy of his federal income tax which is the 1040 that he printed out after filing his 2018 federal taxes. Is that copy along with his W-2 for 2018, updated letter of employment, and 3 most recent month's of pay stubs sufficient for filing or does he need to request a copy of his federal tax return from the IRS?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Filipina_2018 said:

Hello, my husband is filing the affidavit of support for me for my AOS filling. I have a copy of his 2017 and 2018 tax return from the IRS along with the W-2's. We have a copy of his federal income tax which is the 1040 that he printed out after filing his 2018 federal taxes. Is that copy along with his W-2 for 2018, updated letter of employment, and 3 most recent month's of pay stubs sufficient for filing or does he need to request a copy of his federal tax return from the IRS?

i believed the answer is here in page 16 and 17

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

1 hour ago, Filipina_2018 said:

He should have a copy of the forms he submitted to the IRS. You are supposed to keep a complete copy for your records. Do you mean ordering a Return Transcript?

The I864 instructions will help you narrow down what documents are required for your particular financial situation based on your household size and what amounts you fill out on your sponsor's I864. 

It's very difficult to answer what documents you will need as it's specific to your situation. Its not a checklist of documents that you are required to submit. 

IN GENERAL, the only REQUIRED financial documents you must submit are the most recent year's tax documents. That could be the most recent RETURN Transcript (best choice) plus the earnings statement(s) IF that return was filed jointly

OR

the most recent COMPLETE actual federal tax forms they submitted to to the IRS which includes ALL pages and schedules (not just the 1040) plus the earnings statement(s) whether that return was filed jointly or not.

As for the rest, I suggest you read the I864 instructions to figure out what documents apply to you and your financial situation and correspond to what you have filled out on the I864. The documents you submit are directly and completely related to that.

There are quite a bit of errors in your original statement too...ie, stating 2017 and 2018 when you only need 2018. Three years are optional....6 months paystubs....

Reading the instructions while you check over your I864 would probably be a great idea for your situation if you arent completely understanding of what your situation requires.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would use all means possible to obtain a 2018 "Return Transcripts".   It is an official IRS record of what was really filed.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.