Fla&Mark

NOA2 received! what's next?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everybody! 

I'm super excited because just last week after 84 days we received our NOA2, just before my fiance traveled back to Argentina to spend some time together. 

Maybe I lost something but I'm reading through comments and I cannot find which are the next steps. I know we have to wait until the papers get to the NVC and they will contact us with the new case number. It's my understanding that they are the ones that send out the notification to the embassy here. Questions:

- Is there any way to check if the papers are already in the NVC?

- Are they going to contact me here in Argentina to go to the interview or do I have to make the appointment? 

- I've been reading that people goes to the interview with their medical exams. How does that work? Are they going to tell me what I need and I need to take it to my interview or is that something I need to do in advance?

- I see that many of you have in your timeline an entry that says "packet 3/4". What is that?

Thanks a bunch for anybody that can help us out! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

After NVC takes over the case, it sends it to the embassy/consulate where the interview will happen.

>>   - Are they going to contact me here in Argentina to go to the interview or do I have to make the appointment? 

Ideally the embassy emails you and/or you fiancé with the next steps. Less ideally, the embassy sends a letter to the beneficiary (unclear to me form your post who  that is) with next steps.

>>   I've been reading that people goes to the interview with their medical exams. How does that work? Are they going to tell me what I need and I need to take it to my interview or is that something I need to do in advance?

The embassy informs the beneficiary which doctor to go to for a medical examination. Do not waste money doing this until the the embassy provides instructions. 

>>  I see that many of you have in your timeline an entry that says "packet 3/4". What is that?

Some embassies require packets of documents to be sent back and forth. There was zero of that in our case. Just some emails, and some phone calls to re-confirm the appointment made over email. I suggest looking through the forums on visa journey for Argentina to get insights into the process if you are curious.

Congrats on your NOA2.

Congrats! Some of us Argentina filers who are preparing for the interview stage are over in this thread. Has all the info you need :) 

Edited by Andrea + Gaston

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fla&Mark said:

Hi everybody! 

I'm super excited because just last week after 84 days we received our NOA2, just before my fiance traveled back to Argentina to spend some time together. 

Maybe I lost something but I'm reading through comments and I cannot find which are the next steps. I know we have to wait until the papers get to the NVC and they will contact us with the new case number. It's my understanding that they are the ones that send out the notification to the embassy here. Questions:

- Is there any way to check if the papers are already in the NVC?

- Are they going to contact me here in Argentina to go to the interview or do I have to make the appointment? 

- I've been reading that people goes to the interview with their medical exams. How does that work? Are they going to tell me what I need and I need to take it to my interview or is that something I need to do in advance?

- I see that many of you have in your timeline an entry that says "packet 3/4". What is that?

Thanks a bunch for anybody that can help us out! :)

Check out the VJ K1 Flowchart:

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.