IsabelleFredrick

financial docs for interview, help!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Please could someone give me a detailed list of what docs to take to my interview, for financial stuff. 

My fiance (USC) has sent me income tax return summary pages for last 3 years (6 pages total), and i134.

Which of these do I also need to take:

Full income tax returns

w2 (he's employed)

letter of employment

bank statements

Tax transcripts

I need to know what to get from him, as I have  heard what I have is insufficient? Now Im getting bits from different people.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Insufficient? Where did you hear it? What else should you bring?

That is what I am taking with me as well.

Is your fiancé meeting the requirements? For K1 you only need 100% of poverty level income, later for AOS you need the 125% level. Just follow the official instruction from uscis and their checklist. If he is well above the requirements, it should be sufficient.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Eva_AJ said:

Insufficient? Where did you hear it? What else should you bring?

That is what I am taking with me as well.

Is your fiancé meeting the requirements? For K1 you only need 100% of poverty level income, later for AOS you need the 125% level. Just follow the official instruction from uscis and their checklist. If he is well above the requirements, it should be sufficient.

I only have income tax return summary pages for last 3 years (6 pages total), and i134.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, IsabelleFredrick said:

I only have income tax return summary pages for last 3 years (6 pages total), and i134.

By summary pages do you mean the tax transcripts?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

By summary pages do you mean the tax transcripts?

No, I have the income tax return pages - 1040 docs

Timeline

No, I have the income tax return pages - 1040 docs

The exact evidence requirement is consulate specific.   Most consulates are ok with the latest tax return (complete return with all schedules and w2) or the transcript.   If income is sufficient then all the other types of evidence can typically be ignored

Does your consulate give any guidance?

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

Please could someone give me a detailed list of what docs to take to my interview, for financial stuff. 

My fiance (USC) has sent me income tax return summary pages for last 3 years (6 pages total), and i134.

Full income tax returns

w2 (he's employed)

letter of employment

bank statements

Tax transcripts

I need to know what to get from him, as I have  heard what I have is insufficient? Now Im getting bits from different people.

These are the financial documents we brought with us during my fiancee's interview  when we were at the K1 stage : 3 years of IRS transcripts, my employment letter that shows my annual salary and length of employment writen on the company's official letter, summary of my bank accounts for the last two years, W2's.During her interview at the Manila embassy non of the financial documents were asked. As have been said as long as your fiance is  125% above the US set poverty level , financially this will not be an issue to the USCIS. . I think you have enough financial documentation to bring with you at the US embassy. YMMV.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

The exact evidence requirement is consulate specific.   Most consulates are ok with the latest tax return (complete return with all schedules and w2) or the transcript.   If income is sufficient then all the other types of evidence can typically be ignored

Does your consulate give any guidance?

they ask for I134 and most current tax returns - Im not sure if what I have is just the summary pages or the full tax return. How long are they usually?

Timeline

they ask for I134 and most current tax returns - Im not sure if what I have is just the summary pages or the full tax return. How long are they usually?

My return was much more than two pages. Not sure what the source of the "summary" is but it is certainly not the complete return.   Tax transcripts are available online and take about 10 minutes to retrieve.   He can download and email to you and you print locally.   Problem solved 

YMMV

13 hours ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

Full income tax returns

w2 (he's employed)

letter of employment

bank statements

Tax transcripts

This is what most embassies ask for:

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form (https://www.uscis.gov/i-134) K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

Your embassy may require more or less. You should consult the Packet 3 instructions from your embassy. Also, being in a sub-forum for your country these questions can be answered by others who are either past the interview stage or near to their appointment have knowledge as to what is needed. Sub-forum is located on the "forum" tab, select and scroll down 3/4 of the page and look their to find your country/regional group.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.