w1nsse

Immunization record missing

9 posts in this topic

IR-1 here scheduled for a visa interview in Manila Philippines, and prior to that I need to accomplish going through a medical exam at SLEC.

What do I do if my mother lost my baby book and my doctor, private practice, died a decade ago and his clinic has been demolished. 

I know what immunizations I've gotten:

diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, measles, mumps, rubella, polio, hib, hepatitis b and another immunization my obgyne gave me.. 

the hep B and other vaccine i have proof of the rest: just no baby book.

Is it possible to have a different doctor list those down and sign it? 

"You begin saving the world by saving one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics." — Charles Bukowski

1 minute ago, Frappuchino said:

The doctor can check the immunity of those by having you take a blood test :) 

wait. we have that technology here in the philippines? how long does that usually take to find out the results? thanks for replying

"You begin saving the world by saving one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics." — Charles Bukowski

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, w1nsse said:

wait. we have that technology here in the philippines? how long does that usually take to find out the results? thanks for replying

Ask for titer test. You will need a doctor’s order for this before going to a lab. They have to withdraw blood samples. And yes we have that in the Philippines. 

1 minute ago, Kartinee23 said:

Ask for titer test. You will need a doctor’s order for this before going to a lab. They have to withdraw blood samples. And yes we have that in the Philippines. 

thank you both!! will do. i'll update this post asap i hear anything from my doctor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, w1nsse said:

thank you both!! will do. i'll update this post asap i hear anything from my doctor.

You’re welcome! It’s a quick blood test. Make sure to show the doctor the list of vaccinations required so he/she can check or write it down on the order. As for the wait time, it varies. It all depends on the laboratory where you will have it done. 😊

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 4 weeks later...

I just received my visa today! So they didn't actually really need any of the vaccines I got 3 decades ago because they all said it's expired somehow and I still needed to get all 4 vaccines. Tetanus was the mother of all of them, 3rd day since I got my shot and my arm is still sore. The other 3 didn't linger as much.

MMR and tetanus shot both felt like they were being injected on my bone. But all is awesome cause I gots my visa and will be joining my hubby and daughter soon thanks to all of you!

So if anyone comes across anyone who do not have their vaccine, it's included in the fee we pay SLEC, being given the vaccines. They don't need to worry like I did.

Didn't get the titer test btw because apparently we don't have it here, the only titer we have in Cebu is for hep A. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.