Mexrik

K-1 Visa 221g Colombia Bogota

36 posts in this topic

Update to my case! So my fiancée got a surprise visit from the embassy and I received a call! I didn’t expect them to contact me nor my fiancée think they would arrive to her home, they asked a lot of the same questions as before names, birthdates, time we’ve know each other etc! It wasn’t nerve racking, after we finished they provided us with an email to send additional proof of relationship beyond what I already proved which has been 400+ images text,email, receipts, video calls, phone calls etc! They send after we send the additional info they will make there final decision. Pray for me and fiancée! I know what I have is real and never thought it would turn out to be so hard to try and convince them we’d are a real couple in love. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mexrik said:

Actualización a mi caso! ¡Así que mi novia recibió una visita sorpresa de la embajada y recibí una llamada! No esperaba que se pusieran en contacto conmigo ni que mi novia pensara que llegarían a su casa, hicieron muchas de las mismas preguntas que antes, nombres, fechas de nacimiento, ¡cuándo nos conocemos, etc.! No fue una molestia, después de que terminamos, nos dieron un correo electrónico para enviar una prueba adicional de la relación más allá de lo que ya probé, que ha sido más de 400 imágenes de texto, correo electrónico, recibos, videollamadas, llamadas telefónicas, etc. Se envían después de que enviemos la información adicional que tomarán allí la decisión final. ¡Ruega por mi y prometida! Sé que lo que tengo es real y nunca pensé que sería tan difícil tratar de convencerlos de que somos una verdadera pareja enamorada. 

Por Dios estas personas no tienen limites, Dios quiera que ya esto sea lo ultimo y le den porfin la visa a tu novia 🙏

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Hi @Mexrik

Do you have any other updates?

I just saw your last message regarding the embassy paying her a surprise visit and calling you.  I hate that you're going through this and hope that you have a resolution soon.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

As of right now nothing! After the surprise interview she and I had, they told her that allegedly they were wrapping up our case and they would give there decision soon, that was 17 days ago and still no new update, expect like a week ago she got an email from embassy with another 221g this time they requesting for her Colombian ID, which is odd that the day of face to face e interview this was not requested when they gave her first 221g only requested updated criminal records and more proof of relationship, almost 3 months later and after having second interview face to face still not requested, was until a week later after that interview that they sent that request, which provided them with the Colombian same day! Now we’re waiting still. This has been emotionally draining. I’ve given everything I can to show proof with more then 400 images all of sorts and met my partner many times in person beyond the minimum requirement! Didn’t think that it would take this long being others have interviewed went more smoothly and Bebe asked lees info then we have! So still waiting 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
El 8/1/2019 a las 14:31, Mexrik dijo:

A partir de ahora nada! Después de la entrevista sorpresa que ella y yo tuvimos, le dijeron que supuestamente estaban terminando nuestro caso y que pronto tomarían una decisión allí, eso fue hace 17 días y aún no hay nuevas actualizaciones, especialmente que tiene una semana recibida un correo electrónico de la embajada con otros 221 g esta vez solicitaron su identificación colombiana, lo cual es extraño que el día de la entrevista cara a cara no se solicitó cuando le dieron los primeros 221 g solo solicitaron antecedentes penales actualizados y más pruebas de relación, casi 3 meses después y después de tener una segunda entrevista cara a cara aún no solicitada, fue hasta una semana después de esa entrevista que envió esa solicitud, ¡que les proporcionó el colombiano el mismo día! Ahora estamos esperando todavía.Esto ha sido emocionalmente agotador. ¡He dado todo lo que puedo mostrar pruebas con más de 400 imágenes de todo tipo y conocí a mi pareja muchas veces en persona más allá del requisito mínimo! ¡No pensé que llevaría tanto tiempo que otros entrevistados fueron más fáciles y Bebe le necesitamos a la información que nosotros tenemos! Así que sigo esperando 

Hola  @ Mexrik   como va tu caso? ¿Ya emitieron la visa de tu prometida?

Edited by Rosy90
Mal escrito

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post advertising outside websites has been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.