John & Rose

Documentarily Qualified

17 posts in this topic

I'm confused again...LOL

My wife is Documentarily Qualified.  My step daughter's paperwork has been accepted and her status is "At NVC".  My step-son was accepted but last night they requested a copy of our marriage certificate.  He turned 18 a month after we were married.

Do all three get the Documentarily Qualified of just the CR-1?  They are not asking anything more for my step daughter but they also never sent the "all paperwork has been received" email.

I'm just trying to make sure they all interview at the same time.  The kids are listed as CR-2.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ya know John I don't know, I read on the NVC website and don't see a clear answer.   You submitted an I-130 for each person, so to me logic would say each would receive separate updates such as Documentarily Qualified .. but when has logic been part of any government service.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Have you posted this question an the NVC forum, I would guess there is one here?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, Hank_ said:

Ya know John I don't know, I read on the NVC website and don't see a clear answer.   You submitted an I-130 for each person, so to me logic would say each would receive separate updates such as Documentarily Qualified .. but when has logic been part of any government service.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Have you posted this question an the NVC forum, I would guess there is one here?

I tried there too.  Aira was accepted last night but never got the "Documentarily Qualified" email like Rose got this morning.  I guess we are all going to learn something new!  I did an "AskNVC" so I expect an answer sometime within the next 6 months...LOL

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I tried there too.  Aira was accepted last night but never got the "Documentarily Qualified" email like Rose got this morning.  I guess we are all going to learn something new!  I did an "AskNVC" so I expect an answer sometime within the next 6 months...LOL

Do keep us posted .. we can all learn together.  :thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I'm confused again...LOL

My wife is Documentarily Qualified.  My step daughter's paperwork has been accepted and her status is "At NVC".  My step-son was accepted but last night they requested a copy of our marriage certificate.  He turned 18 a month after we were married.

Do all three get the Documentarily Qualified of just the CR-1?  They are not asking anything more for my step daughter but they also never sent the "all paperwork has been received" email.

I'm just trying to make sure they all interview at the same time.  The kids are listed as CR-2.

Yes. Each one will be processed separately. They aren’t officially tied together though I think they can be seen as related. So I expect you’ll get the same notifications for each separate I130 and consequential steps. 

The only concession I believe is that you only pay one 1864 fee 

1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

Yes. Each one will be processed separately. They aren’t officially tied together though I think they can be seen as related. So I expect you’ll get the same notifications for each separate I130 and consequential steps. 

The only concession I believe is that you only pay one 1864 fee 

Correct.  Just one fee.  The confusing part is that last night we got the message that my step daughter's status has changed.  When I logged in there was no message but it shows all files have been accepted and her status moved to "At NVC".  This morning I got the message about my wife.  When I logged in there was a message stating that all files have been approved and we were documentarily qualified.  So far that is only for my wife.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Correct.  Just one fee.  The confusing part is that last night we got the message that my step daughter's status has changed.  When I logged in there was no message but it shows all files have been accepted and her status moved to "At NVC".  This morning I got the message about my wife.  When I logged in there was a message stating that all files have been approved and we were documentarily qualified.  So far that is only for my wife.  

At the NVC stage for my husband and I .. both IR5 ..  we began to see some days delay between each of us. Consulate connected  the interview day and time though 

1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

@John and Rose so glad you are almost there ! Been a long

journey. 

Thank you.  I wish I felt closer!  LOL  Day by day.  At least there is movement.  I'm sure it will all come together at some point.  Just a little more patience. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I have had some of these same experiences, wife and three kids.

I was on expedited to the embassy but then they schedule a quick one week interview date.  We could not get there that quick, so I called

(the U.S should call (703) 520-2235) number for VISA appointments.  They said to create a separate account for each person at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteLogin?country=Philippines&language=en_US 

Each person having their own email and login to schedule their appointment at the same time block.  When you use the schedule tool at the web site you choose CR1 for the spouse and CR2 for a kid.

End story I have four "Appointment  Confirmations" for May 24 that I have printed out.

Then I sent an email to IVManilaReplies@state.gov and say

"I have submitted all fees and documents for all four petitions.

The “AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FORM I-864” for MNLXXXXXXX for  <person> is signed and at the https://ceac.state.gov/ site."

We will see on May 24 if all is good.

I got through to NVC. I asked if my step daughter was documentarily qualified and he said it shows that all required paperwork has been approved but it doesn’t show that it is DQ. He said he will send it to a supervisor for review. He said the supervisor should respond within 6 weeks. Lol

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

6 weeks .. too funny :lol:       By the time you get a response you will have moved on to the visa process in the Philippines

I hope so!  This is all new and I'm not so sure what NVC is doing.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I hope so!  This is all new and I'm not so sure what NVC is doing.

Once you get to CC (Case Complete) NVC will then request interview dates from the embassy, once NVC has those you (your wife & kids) will get a notification letter/email.  Once you have the NVC letter your wife and kids can complete their medicals.

If you find an earlier interview date you can reschedule as long as the case file is at the embassy  (CEAC status READY) 

Earlier Appointment Scheduling
If you case file is already at USEM, you could schedule an earlier interview appointment.

"Immigrant Visa applicants who already have an interview appointment scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC) should refrain from scheduling an earlier appointment through the Visa Information and Appointment Service Center without first checking to make sure Embassy Manila has the physical case file.
While we are happy to accommodate earlier appointments, we are only able to do so when we have already received the physical case file from the NVC. When the physical case file is either still with the NVC or in transit to Embassy Manila, we are unable to grant earlier appointment dates. This is because we need the physical case file to conduct an effective visa interview."

Scheduling the Interview:
By Calling (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.
This service is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator.
Applicants, agents or petitioners calling from the United States may also use this service by calling (703) 520-2235.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks Hank.  My concern now is that my wife got her Case Complete email and the "we are working with the Embassy to schedule your interview" email.  My step daughter has all paperwork approved but no case complete and my step son just had a request for our marriage certificate so that puts him back 3 weeks.  All of his other paperwork has been approved.  I have three people at three different stages and I am hoping that it will all come together in the end.  We will see.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.