Eva_AJ

Marriage ability statement - Czech Republic

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hi everyone :)  US embassy in Prague is asking for "Marriage ability statement". Is my understanding correct and it is Intend to Marry? In Czech I do not know about any office that would actually issue me with a statement that I am single so it is the only thing that comes to my mind. I saw some Chinese forms for it but nothing for Czech.

Thank you for any help!

1 hour ago, Eva_AJ said:

Hi everyone :)  US embassy in Prague is asking for "Marriage ability statement". Is my understanding correct and it is Intend to Marry? In Czech I do not know about any office that would actually issue me with a statement that I am single so it is the only thing that comes to my mind. I saw some Chinese forms for it but nothing for Czech.

Thank you for any help!

Yes that would make sense what they are asking for letter of intent to marry. I'm sure other Czech people will be along shortly to add more to this.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 hours ago, Eva_AJ said:

Thank you for any help!

Are they asking this from both? 

They have something posted here, which you may have seen, for USC:

https://cz.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/marriage-in-the-czech-republic/marriage-information/ (read below the list)

For a Czech citizen this would be called "Právní způsobilost k uzavření manželství". You would get this at "matrika" where you want to marry (if in CZ), if marrying abroad you would get it at ministry of interior ("ministerstvo vnitra") I think. 

They probably need some official proof there is no impediment to marry. 

Maybe someone else can add more to this. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, DJ C said:

Are they asking this from both? 

They have something posted here, which you may have seen, for USC:

https://cz.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/marriage-in-the-czech-republic/marriage-information/ (read below the list)

For a Czech citizen this would be called "Právní způsobilost k uzavření manželství". You would get this at "matrika" where you want to marry (if in CZ), if marrying abroad you would get it at ministry of interior ("ministerstvo vnitra") I think. 

They probably need some official proof there is no impediment to marry. 

Maybe someone else can add more to this. 

Just from me. The link seems to be only connected to Americans wanted to get married in Czech. As K1 holder, we would get married in US.

Hopefully there is someone who could confirm which one is it because if it's the one you mentioned, that is hell lot of paperwork.

8 minutes ago, Eva_AJ said:

Just from me. The link seems to be only connected to Americans wanted to get married in Czech. As K1 holder, we would get married in US.

Hopefully there is someone who could confirm which one is it because if it's the one you mentioned, that is hell lot of paperwork.

If you were never married it is not much paperwork at all. But if you can avoid it, even better. 

A good source of information is "Zvlastni matrika v Brne" - they deal with foreign marriages. Call them and ask them what can be had. They will also tell you what you need to give them after you get married, because CZ has to recognize your marriage and issue a CZ marriage certificate in order for you to apply for new passport and ID (after the name change).

Good luck!

*** Country specific topic moved to Regional (Europe & Eurasia (except the UK and Russia) section of the forum. ***

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

@DJ C I would like to thank you for all the information! And also you took all the time to reply me! Děkuji :)

I actually found about 3 other topics about this but the person asking never updated about what embassy really wants and measn by this Marriage Ability Statement. So I wanna clarify it here in case someone else bump into this on here.

This is the official email I received from US embassy in Prague:

Hello,

It’s only your written statement signed by you that you are going to marry your fiancée within 3 months after entry to the United States.

Kind regards

So basically it's my own Intent to Marry!!! 

I'm late to the party but I recently went through the K1 process and if you need help with anything let me know :). I'm currently waiting for my AOS interview/work permit so I have plenty of time on my hands and don't mind helping out :) 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Michaela K. said:

I'm late to the party but I recently went through the K1 process and if you need help with anything let me know :). I'm currently waiting for my AOS interview/work permit so I have plenty of time on my hands and don't mind helping out :) 

Thank you so much! It's very nice to see someone from Czech who recently have gone through this as it seems there aren't many of us here!

So I hope you don't mind answering few questions :)

Question 1: Medical

• I read on here that you need to check the nurse to make sure she writes everything down. I have all my shots (going for Tetanus/Whooping cough/diphtheria combo this Monday) and I had varicella when I was little. Is that true? Or they got better at it?

Question 2: Interview

• Was there anything that took you by surprise that wouldn't be on Packet 3? Did you bring any evidence of ongoing relationship? (other than you submitted already with I-129f) I haven't seen my fiancé ever since we filed so I only got phone records and chats but I don't see them actually going through all of that.

Question 3: Insurance

• I'm going under my fiancé's insurance once we get married but what before that? We are planning on marrying soon after I get there but I dont want to take any chances. Would normal travel insurance cover me? I had VZP travel insurance when I went to visit but now i read that it might be problem that I am not planning on coming back. Did you get anything from Czech or did you just wing it?

Sorry for the essay! :D I really appreciate your offer and your time answering these!!! Děkuji 😘

Timeline
11 hours ago, Michaela K. said:

and 1 other small other question - how much did you pay for the medical exam? Thanks!

7 hours ago, Eva_AJ said:

and 1 other small other question - how much did you pay for the medical exam? Thanks!

I'll send you a message in Czech on here, it'll be easier :) 

About the Tetanus/Whooping cough/diphtheria (Tdap) - if someone was recently vaccinated for tetanus only, do they have to get the Tdap? I went for a MMR test today, so will see if I need a new vaccine. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, DJ C said:

About the Tetanus/Whooping cough/diphtheria (Tdap) - if someone was recently vaccinated for tetanus only, do they have to get the Tdap? I went for a MMR test today, so will see if I need a new vaccine. 

I am getting the combo just because it was recommend it to me by my doctor as for someone who might have kids in next 10 years. I do not know if it is mandatory for K1 visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.