502 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Quick question....

What is the telephone number to call USCIS and speak to a human?

My fiancé He has tried +1  800 375 5283 and the only options are:

1. call to hear status (automated service )

2. info on appointment

3. obtain a form

4. change address

5. info for US citizens.

He wants to chase our case up....thanks in advance x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I find myself checking the site 3 times daily and now I have informed delivery on my mail so I can see what letters come to the house before I get home . Your 7 weeks in so pretty soon you should get good news 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, JoeO"C said:

I find myself checking the site 3 times daily and now I have informed delivery on my mail so I can see what letters come to the house before I get home . Your 7 weeks in so pretty soon you should get good news 

59 minutes ago, JoeO"C said:

That’s what my fiancé has done; so he receives photos of his post!! This process has you on the edge of your seat right haha. 

Timeline

Just wanted to give everyone my experience with the dreadful RFE...

USCIS received my response 9/10 I received an email with the update and the website had shown an update (as did with the NOA1 and RFE)..it  was by far the most anxiety inducing wait i've ever had.

Two weeks later i followed up with a call to USCIS, sept 24. I think i chose the option of 'check case status' and 'do not have my receipt number', it then says it will connect you with someone and then you have the option of entering your receipt number (which i did). A very nice lady answered and didn't give me any updates besides the one that i had, which is that my response had been received. She mentioned it could take up to 60 days. 4 days later i received my approved NOA2(!!!), I did not get an email update nor did the website ever update. My NOA2 was approved a day after i had called, Sept 25

Timeline
10 minutes ago, celene0220 said:

USCIS received my response 9/10 I received an email with the update and the website had shown an update (as did with the NOA1 and RFE)..it  was by far the most anxiety inducing wait i've ever had.

Two weeks later i followed up with a call to USCIS, sept 24. I think i chose the option of 'check case status' and 'do not have my receipt number', it then says it will connect you with someone and then you have the option of entering your receipt number (which i did). A very nice lady answered and didn't give me any updates besides the one that i had, which is that my response had been received. She mentioned it could take up to 60 days. 4 days later i received my approved NOA2(!!!), I did not get an email update nor did the website ever update. My NOA2 was approved a day after i had called, Sept 25

Thanks for sharing this; my fiancé rang today but wasn’t told much at all. Hoping for the same result as you!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 minutes ago, celene0220 said:

OK.... First of all CONGRATS!!!    They received my RFE response on 9/9 and I am still waiting for my NOA2.  Do you feel it is just a coincidence that you were approved the day after you called?  The reason I am asking is that I have been tempted to call to check on my status but it has yet to be 30 days since they received my response.  It seems I have seen others accounts here on the forum where people have called to check on the status and ironically get some movement on their case within a day or two.  I would appreciate your thoughts.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JAC&MEH said:

OK.... First of all CONGRATS!!!    They received my RFE response on 9/9 and I am still waiting for my NOA2.  Do you feel it is just a coincidence that you were approved the day after you called?  The reason I am asking is that I have been tempted to call to check on my status but it has yet to be 30 days since they received my response.  It seems I have seen others accounts here on the forum where people have called to check on the status and ironically get some movement on their case within a day or two.  I would appreciate your thoughts.

That’s why i got my fiancé to call this morning !! We shall see....

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JAC&MEH said:

Thank you!! im not sure..she did ask for my information and mentioned they take note when someone calls

honestly, i wouldn't hurt to call and check in.

i was expecting to get someone on the phone and them be annoyed since im sure they get a million calls regarding information that is already on the website. But not every case gets updated on the website and the lady who took my phone call was nice

Timeline
1 minute ago, celene0220 said:

Thank you!! im not sure..she did ask for my information and mentioned they take note when someone calls

i was expecting to get someone on the phone and them be annoyed since im sure they get a million calls regarding information that is already on the website. But not every case gets updated on the website and the lady who took my phone call was nice

I just find it interesting that you received your approval the day after... LOL.  It's worth a shot.  When I call and choose option 1 for checking case status, you get the option or typing in your receipt number of claiming you don't know what it is.  After that, it explains to you where to find it.  If you enter it at that time, they recording just gives you the same info that I can find online.  So I'm guessing that you have to claim you don't have it or know where it is to actually get a human.  Once you got in touch with a real live person, what did she ask in order to identify you?  I'm worried that if I get to a real person and then just rattle off my WAC number, they might be pissed.  Just curious how you went about it.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, celene0220 said:

Just ignore that question.... I finally figured it out.  You have to select the prompts for not having your receipt number twice.  Once it says it will connect you to a customer service person, it once again gives you the option to enter your receipt number.... LOL.  I'm on hold now....  I hope I get a nice person too!!!

Timeline

OK... I got through to a human after only 25 minutes so I feel pretty lucky.  The lady was very pleasant but basically told me the same thing I already knew.  I explained to her that I was checking up on my RFE response but she said that I would have to call back and request a "tier 2" person to explore it any further.  Not sure if that would do me any good or not.  She did place me on hold to "document our call" after which she came back to ask for my phone number and email address.  I am hoping that is what sometimes prompts someone to get moving.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have the same good fortune as Celene.  At many times during the call, it was obvious she was reading from a script.  I felt kinda bad for calling but I'm hoping it may help.  I'm guessing the people that answer the phone only have access to the same information we have from the case status website which would mean that would not even know if I have already been approved or not since it seems that the NOA2 status is rarely updated following an RFE response.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Timeline
8 hours ago, JAC&MEH said:

OK... I got through to a human after only 25 minutes so I feel pretty lucky.  The lady was very pleasant but basically told me the same thing I already knew.  I explained to her that I was checking up on my RFE response but she said that I would have to call back and request a "tier 2" person to explore it any further.  Not sure if that would do me any good or not.  She did place me on hold to "document our call" after which she came back to ask for my phone number and email address.  I am hoping that is what sometimes prompts someone to get moving.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have the same good fortune as Celene.  At many times during the call, it was obvious she was reading from a script.  I felt kinda bad for calling but I'm hoping it may help.  I'm guessing the people that answer the phone only have access to the same information we have from the case status website which would mean that would not even know if I have already been approved or not since it seems that the NOA2 status is rarely updated following an RFE response.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Everything crossed!! 

My RFE was received by them on 12th August! 

This waiting is excruciating 😔🤯

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The question is what was your RFE for ?   If it was something simple then yes I can see it being cleared up rather quickly but something that will need confirmation from other sources will take a bit longer 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.