Alex & Jess

Do i need Military records for K1 visa in my special case.

6 posts in this topic

Hello, My name is alexander from egypt. little info about me, i am a student in college and i didnt go to the military yet because ... students here dont need to go the military they do so after college. In the list of documents needed for K1 visa interview it lists " Military records " ... I got NOA2 for me and my fiance's k1 visa yesterday and  we are starting to prepare the documents for the interview. So i wanted to know ? in my case , is this a reason for them to deny me ? although i am a student and i will tell them that i will go to the US and will continue my education there. Or what am i supposed to do? . I already have an english translated certificate that proves i am a student in college here in Egypt, which i used to apply for and get 2 US visas before the J1 and B1/B2. So what i am asking is, Do i really need the military records ? have people been denied because not providing it before ? it was listed in some places and not listed in others so it makes me worried, and if it is really needed, would my case be an exception ??

Edited by Alex & Jess

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Alex & Jess said:

Hello, My name is alexander from egypt. little info about me, i am a student in college and i didnt go to the military yet because ... students here dont need to go the military they do so after college. In the list of documents needed for K1 visa interview it lists " Military records " ... I got NOA2 for me and my fiance's k1 visa yesterday and  we are starting to prepare the documents for the interview. So i wanted to know ? in my case , is this a reason for them to deny me ? although i am a student and i will tell them that i will go to the US and will continue my education there. Or what am i supposed to do? . I already have an english translated certificate that proves i am a student in college here in Egypt, which i used to apply for and get 2 US visas before the J1 and B1/B2. So what i am asking is, Do i really need the military records ? have people been denied because not providing it before ? it was listed in some places and not listed in others so it makes me worried, and if it is really needed, would my case be an exception ??

• Military:  No big deal - just say the truth.  If it is a problem, it would be another way around :).  You can provide what you can only.
  • Education: no issue, many young adults and adult want to continue education for better jobs

1 hour ago, Alex & Jess said:

You cannot provide what you do not have. The list of documents is a general list and  not everything on the list will pertain for you. 

Edited by Ann&James

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alex & Jess said:

passing the interview is not your problem it is getting out of Egypt when you are not in an exempt period.

you must have a military paper, that states you are exempt, rightfully you are exempt however you must have this. You are only exempt because you are in school, getting out of Egypt is not going to be easy for you if you are a young adult.

you will also need to get a release in order to leave Egypt this is going to be much harder to achieve as once you are able to get out of Egypt you can not return until after the period of which you would need to be in order to be selected.

I know this from experience.

Edited by Khallaf

Thank you so much you guys, i really appreciate it.

6 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

passing the interview is not your problem it is getting out of Egypt when you are not in an exempt period.

you must have a military paper, that states you are exempt, rightfully you are exempt however you must have this. You are only exempt because you are in school, getting out of Egypt is not going to be easy for you if you are a young adult.

you will also need to get a release in order to leave Egypt this is going to be much harder to achieve as once you are able to get out of Egypt you can not return until after the period of which you would need to be in order to be selected.

I know this from experience.

Thank you so much as well mate for the help. Yeah i already knew about the exempt thing. I have a good friend of mine in the military department in my college and he told me to travel you must always tell them you are just visiting family, so whenever i go to work in the US, visit a place or family or even travel there to go to canada, and also in this case of marriege, i will tell them i am going to just go there for visiting family. They never check the visa they just see my college statement ( that i am indeed a college student ) and give me a traveling permission that i hand it to the military booth at security check in the airport. i am not planning to come back though, i know its hard, but her family are very welcoming plus i have family there as well as i got accepted in a college there to continue my education. My parents and brother will follow me later on when i get the naturalization thing. 

getting the rightful exempt paper is so hard like you said, hence i just rather do this i dont need any more complications or problems

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Alex & Jess said:

Thank you so much you guys, i really appreciate it.

Thank you so much as well mate for the help. Yeah i already knew about the exempt thing. I have a good friend of mine in the military department in my college and he told me to travel you must always tell them you are just visiting family, so whenever i go to work in the US, visit a place or family or even travel there to go to canada, and also in this case of marriege, i will tell them i am going to just go there for visiting family. They never check the visa they just see my college statement ( that i am indeed a college student ) and give me a traveling permission that i hand it to the military booth at security check in the airport. i am not planning to come back though, i know its hard, but her family are very welcoming plus i have family there as well as i got accepted in a college there to continue my education. My parents and brother will follow me later on when i get the naturalization thing. 

getting the rightful exempt paper is so hard like you said, hence i just rather do this i dont need any more complications or problems

you have to get an exit paper I am sure your friend told you this, and they have gotten more strict on this, you can't exit Egypt while classes are still in session you are only able to leave on a break, if you do not have the exit paper you will be refused at the airport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.