AnnaT

Port of entry first time EB3 visa

14 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I just got my eb3 visa approved and I am flying to Los Angeles in 14 days for my first entry into the US with my new immigrant visa. I can't seem to find any port of entry experiences regarding employment based green cards (eb1, eb2 and eb3s). I would love to hear your experiences when entering the US for the first time, how was the process and what questions do they ask?

Thank you!!

Usually no issues on an immigrant visa, could inquire about job. 

Are you flying from Mumbai since you also posted in a Mumbai forum? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

If you have a genuine job with a reputable employer that sponsored the eb3, should be no particular issues. Getting the visa is usually the hardest part. Anything in particular that has you concerned? 

I-751 journey

I reckon a bit about the job and/or the company. But that's usually more for H1Bs than EB3s. I don't recall too many eb3s issued to Swedish nationals, so shouldn't be any awkward questions at LAX imo. 

I-751 journey

np

I-751 journey

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 8:31 PM, AnnaT said:

Hi everyone!

I just got my eb3 visa approved and I am flying to Los Angeles in 14 days for my first entry into the US with my new immigrant visa. I can't seem to find any port of entry experiences regarding employment based green cards (eb1, eb2 and eb3s). I would love to hear your experiences when entering the US for the first time, how was the process and what questions do they ask?

Thank you!!

Hi Can you please share your port of entry experience. Even i am travelling with EB3 in a month. 

Thanks in advance. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It was the easiest part of this whole process. They just took me to another window, then the officer just stamped my passport and said "welcome to the United States you will receive your green card in the mail shortly". The embassy interview is definitely the hardest part. Good luck! 

17 hours ago, AnnaT said:

It was the easiest part of this whole process. They just took me to another window, then the officer just stamped my passport and said "welcome to the United States you will receive your green card in the mail shortly". The embassy interview is definitely the hardest part. Good luck! 

Nice what about the immigrant packet given to you by the embassy

• 2 months later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 4/30/2019 at 4:44 PM, AnnaT said:

Can you share a little bit about the interview at the embassy? What kind of questions did they ask?

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.