Rahim shaha

my husband closed our joint bank account but the case of removing of conditions on GC(I 751) is still pending with USCIS including the statements of transactions history of the closed joint bank account

6 posts in this topic

HI, I am very concerned for my joint bank account which had like 2 years old transaction history records.My I751 case is still pending with USCIS.It has been 6 months since we jointly filed for the removal of conditions and sent all required documents with  joint bank account copies of statements which is closed now. Would being closed of the joint bank account affect highly on my case?If so, What should I do.I and my husband went to our local chase bank to get the closed account reactivates but a clerk working at the bank said,It is impossible for the old one to be reactivate but both of you can currently reopen an another bank account here.Therefore, I have the new one open. please if any of you guys want to lessen my concern,Kindly advise me as to what will be the case with USCIS?what would be the case if USCIS Knew that my husband got the old bank account suspended?              

Edited by Rahim shaha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

the length doesn't matter, what matters is that you have an account in both your names, that's why a joint bank account is important

it is a proof of comingling of finances

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It shouldn't be a problem. I assume you also included other co-mingling evidences as well. The look at the totality of evidence provided, not just one thing. 

Aleful and nastra30:guys,what I'm really worried about is Old bank account number.The copies of the joint bank statements sent off to USCIS have my old bank account number on them  and we have another joint bank account opened and the both of our old credit cards are working with new chase bank account and the bank is also the same. what has changed is our bank account and Savings account number.That is what I am really worried about.We did request to the bank clerk to reactive the same bank account number .He said though.Once the bank account is closed at the will of any one of the owners of the chase bank account,later it cannot be reopened.So We had to get a new account open in the same bank.we took all copies of transaction statements of our bank to the closed Of the account.Any thought,Guys who have been through this kind of situation?is it all fine?

Edited by Rahim shaha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.