Veev1981

This AP is killing me!!!

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I hope I’m posting in the right section!.

I had my interview in March and everything went fine except I needed to get a co sponsor and my passport was handed over to me. The consulate instructed me not to send my passport not until she asks for it. 4 days later, I mailed the requested documents to them.

Exactly a week later, I got an email from the embassy stating that the review of my case was completed that I should send my passport for visa issuance. It’s exactly two weeks today since I mailed my passport back to the embassy and my case is still on AP 😢😢😢!!!

I can’t concentrate on my daily activities anymore, I’m physically and mentally drained. Oh, I forgot to say that this is a K1 process. Embassy is in Lagos, Nigeria.

Anyone who has been through this before or have any idea or time frame when I’ll get my visa issued and passport ready for pickup 🙏 ???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, Veev1981 said:

Hi everyone! I hope I’m posting in the right section!.

I had my interview in March and everything went fine except I needed to get a co sponsor and my passport was handed over to me. The consulate instructed me not to send my passport not until she asks for it. 4 days later, I mailed the requested documents to them.

Exactly a week later, I got an email from the embassy stating that the review of my case was completed that I should send my passport for visa issuance. It’s exactly two weeks today since I mailed my passport back to the embassy and my case is still on AP 😢😢😢!!!

I can’t concentrate on my daily activities anymore, I’m physically and mentally drained. Oh, I forgot to say that this is a K1 process. Embassy is in Lagos, Nigeria.

Anyone who has been through this before or have any idea or time frame when I’ll get my visa issued and passport ready for pickup 🙏 ???

all you can do is wait it out, check CEAC daily, if it says non immigrant but in AP just be patient the visa will be issued soon.

40 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

all you can do is wait it out, check CEAC daily, if it says non immigrant but in AP just be patient the visa will be issued soon.

The request for your passport is a good sign. You need to have a lot of patience with this immigration process. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Agree with above - asking for your passport is a strong indication your AP will be over soon. 

Some folks are stuck in AP for months an even over a year.  

EVERY step of this process involves waiting, without any communication.  It will help you to develop more patience, while simultaneously testing every ounce of it.

17 minutes ago, Veev1981 said:

I’ve a pickup slip. My visa will be sent to DHL office in VI. I really hope so. 17 days is sometimes next week.  Are you a Nigerian? Ever been in this situation or someone you know been there? Trying to figure how you arrive at 17 days though. It’s going to be 17 days next week since I sent my passport to them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.