LCSTOTT

Summary of medical history. What exactly is this? Help please!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I’ve booked my medical and in the confirmation email it says that they need a summary of my medical history, but NOT my full medical history. 

I went to my GP and they printed off a page that included my medication (N/A), allergies (N/A), immunisations and problems. But there are only 4 listed problems on the entire form, from 1999, 2001 and 2017. I was born in 1994 so I just find it strange how there’s only 4 listed problems from my 25 years of being alive 😅

Is this what it is asking for? As the GP seemed confused when I asked and printed this off as a chance it was correct. 

Om the email it says if I don’t bring the correct record then they will keep my medical on hold, which I don’t want to happen obviously. I’ve attached a photo of the description in the email. 

Any help would be welcome! 

FA41A550-B05E-488F-831C-4430F53DCE7E.png

4 minutes ago, LCSTOTT said:

So I’ve booked my medical and in the confirmation email it says that they need a summary of my medical history, but NOT my full medical history. 

I went to my GP and they printed off a page that included my medication (N/A), allergies (N/A), immunisations and problems. But there are only 4 listed problems on the entire form, from 1999, 2001 and 2017. I was born in 1994 so I just find it strange how there’s only 4 listed problems from my 25 years of being alive 😅

Is this what it is asking for? As the GP seemed confused when I asked and printed this off as a chance it was correct. 

Om the email it says if I don’t bring the correct record then they will keep my medical on hold, which I don’t want to happen obviously. I’ve attached a photo of the description in the email. 

First question I have is did you have any illness's prior to 1999 that required treatment not visits for immunizations or medication.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

First question I have is did you have any illness's prior to 1999 that required treatment not visits for immunizations or medication.

No, luckily I have never had any serious illnesses or medical conditions that have needed treatments. 

I was just expecting there to be more than 4 listed ‘problems’ from the 25 years I’ve been alive. I had a chest X-Ray a few months ago just to make sure a cough that I had wasn’t anything more serious than a pesky cough (came back all clear). And even that isn’t on this medical records..

1 minute ago, LCSTOTT said:

No, luckily I have never had any serious illnesses or medical conditions that have needed treatments. 

I was just expecting there to be more than 4 listed ‘problems’ from the 25 years I’ve been alive. I had a chest X-Ray a few months ago just to make sure a cough that I had wasn’t anything more serious than a pesky cough (came back all clear). And even that isn’t on this medical records..

Go with what you have and you can explain, if asked, that you have been pretty much healthy for your existence. Will not have an affect on your visa interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
13 minutes ago, LCSTOTT said:

went to my GP and they printed off a page that included my medication (N/A), allergies (N/A), immunisations and problems. But there are only 4 listed problems on the entire form, from 1999, 2001 and 2017. I was born in 1994 so I just find it strange how there’s only 4 listed problems from my 25 years of being alive 😅

Yes, that's what they want. It doesn't have to cover your entire life or every time you saw a doctor.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Go with what you have and you can explain, if asked, that you have been pretty much healthy for your existence. Will not have an affect on your visa interview.

Okay, thank you! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

Yes, that's what they want. It doesn't have to cover your entire life or every time you saw a doctor.

Okay, I just wanted to double check as it says on the email ‘We will keep your medical on hold if you do not have it with you on the day of appointment’. So I’m worried if it isn’t the correct record then obviously my visa process will be set back 😅

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Also I had a tonsillectomy some years back, and that isn’t on the medical summary, which is another reason I was doubting that it’s the correct one. But again I have no idea what exactly they’re asking for, I told my GP and they gave me this, but they didn’t seem confident themselves. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
16 minutes ago, LCSTOTT said:

Okay, I just wanted to double check as it says on the email ‘We will keep your medical on hold if you do not have it with you on the day of appointment’. So I’m worried if it isn’t the correct record then obviously my visa process will be set back 😅

14 minutes ago, LCSTOTT said:

Also I had a tonsillectomy some years back, and that isn’t on the medical summary, which is another reason I was doubting that it’s the correct one. But again I have no idea what exactly they’re asking for, I told my GP and they gave me this, but they didn’t seem confident themselves. 

It is what it is. See if this explanation in the UK forum by LeesaMarie helps. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/674794-medical-summary-info-please-read/

You can also do a search of the UK forum and see a hundred threads on the subject. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

It is what it is. See if this explanation in the UK forum by LeesaMarie helps. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/674794-medical-summary-info-please-read/

You can also do a search of the UK forum and see a hundred threads on the subject. 

That was really helpful, thank you! There was an attachment of someone’s medical summary on the link and it’s set out exactly the same as mine, so problem solved and the worrying can stop 😅 

*~*~*country-specific question moved to United Kingdom forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

On 4/3/2019 at 11:37 PM, LCSTOTT said:

FA41A550-B05E-488F-831C-4430F53DCE7E.png

Mine was very similar other than I had "asthma" noted and took my last asthma report (from 2007...) and spoke to the doctor at Knightsbridge regarding this and he said and I quote "Oh, so that's definitely mild then, right? Doesn't effect every day life like walking/working?" and that was the end of the asthma discussion. Oh and an Ibuprofen allergy but that wasn't even spoken about. 

Mine actually went on to 2 pages purely because it showed the last 3 visits to the doctors, which all had "Update for immigration requirements" notation next to them, I'm pretty sure if the doctor could, he'd have placed an eye rolling emoji by this point! 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.