Hil0107

I765 - Sent fee and did not need to

6 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I sent in fee for application I765 and was not supposed to since it was covered by my I485. I sent in last week Wednesday and kept checking account for fee and saw it did not come out. Went over process and realized it was not needed. Has this happened to anyone else? Will this have them reject my case? Should I send in reapplication tomorrow? I will be calling tomorrow Monday morning to check but I’m so worried. I only have abour 3 weeks until expiration and I need receipt that they received to show employer. I was under impression it was okay because I had extra 180 days but I am not, I will need receipt. I know it’s a long shot, trying to stay positive since receipts are usually sent out as soon they receive. Any help is appreciated. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hil0107 said:

Hello, 

I sent in fee for application I765 and was not supposed to since it was covered by my I485. I sent in last week Wednesday and kept checking account for fee and saw it did not come out. Went over process and realized it was not needed. Has this happened to anyone else? Will this have them reject my case? Should I send in reapplication tomorrow? I will be calling tomorrow Monday morning to check but I’m so worried. I only have abour 3 weeks until expiration and I need receipt that they received to show employer. I was under impression it was okay because I had extra 180 days but I am not, I will need receipt. I know it’s a long shot, trying to stay positive since receipts are usually sent out as soon they receive. Any help is appreciated. 

If you paid by check I would stop the check now and then you can refile.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/31/2019 at 4:59 PM, Hil0107 said:

Hello, 

Just to confirm - is this a renewal EAD, or your first EAD via AOS

If it's not a renewal, and is the first time you applied for an EAD via AOS, there is no automatic extension, even if you currently hold another EAD (like from your student visa). 

Either way, cancel the check and reapply. Feel free to call first to see what happened; if you got a nice IO, they may have shredded the check and accepted the form anyway (though usually they'll send the whole thing back to you. 

Just make sure you're actually eligible for that extension. 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Hey! 

Yes, this is my renewal through my AOS. It would be the second year I apply through AOS so I should qualify for extension. 

I ended up sending another one. I spoke to an agent and she said the same thing you said but that most likely it would be returned. I sent another one in the mail, it arrived yesterday but no updates of opening yet. I’m just wishing for the best, my card expires the 17th. The only way I would probably get it is if they open and issue receipt by Tuesday to have at least a week to get letter in mail. I know highly unlikely but I’m trying to remain positive. My sister’s came in less than 10 days with sending included in time. Even though she applied for I765 though DACA and I know they are a less busy department. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hil0107 said:

Hey! 

Yes, this is my renewal through my AOS. It would be the second year I apply through AOS so I should qualify for extension. 

I ended up sending another one. I spoke to an agent and she said the same thing you said but that most likely it would be returned. I sent another one in the mail, it arrived yesterday but no updates of opening yet. I’m just wishing for the best, my card expires the 17th. The only way I would probably get it is if they open and issue receipt by Tuesday to have at least a week to get letter in mail. I know highly unlikely but I’m trying to remain positive. My sister’s came in less than 10 days with sending included in time. Even though she applied for I765 though DACA and I know they are a less busy department. 

Good luck then! Two weeks seems reasonable to expect the NOA arrival, you might need to take an unpaid vacation for a few days or a week if it takes a bit longer. But you're not in the worst shape I think. 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Thank you! As it turns out, I work for a corporate company and a leave or unpaid vacation is not an option, I won’t be able to be employed at all at time of expiration. Worst comes to worst, I would have to reapply when there’s openings and if it’s within a year, I would be able to keep my seniority and not have to train. We’ll see what happens! Hopefully it won’t come to that. Thanks again for replying. 

Edited by Hil0107

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.