CheneyAlva

Cuban Consulate in Washington DC Advice

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am just now starting to figure out how to make posts in the correct places, so forgive me if you have already seen this question elsewhere.

My fiancé and I are planning to get married in Cuba, and then start the process for a spouse visa. I have followed the required steps, which is as follows:

1. Birth certificate, divorce decree, and affidavit of single status certified as true copies by my Secretary of State.

2. Birth certificate, divorce decree, and affidavit of single status authenticated by the US State Department.

3. My documents are now being translated by a certified translator and will be notarized

The only remaining step is to have my certified, authenticated, and translated documents authorized by the Cuban Consulate in Washington D.C. If you have gotten to this step, I am sure that you know how confusing and frustrating contacting the Cuban Consulate in Washington D.C. can be. I have been calling every day for the past two weeks because I want to know EXACTLY what I need to bring in terms of money, identification, etc. No one ever answers the phone. No one ever responds to my emails. 

So, I have turned here to reach out in hopes that someone out there who has gotten married in Cuba can perhaps give me some guidance in this matter. I have decided that it will be most effective to travel to Washington D.C. and visit the Cuba Consulate in person, but I want to have everything lined up before I make that trip. Here are my questions:

1. How much does the Cuban Consulate charge to authorize each document?

2. Can I pay in cash, or do I need to pay with a card or a check

3. Can I have this service done in one day?

4. What kind of identification do I need to present?

5. Are there any additional forms that I need to fill out in order to have my documents authorized by the Cuban Consulate for use in Cuba when I get married?

6. Is there any additional advice that you would give someone who is trying to navigate this process alone, without a lawyer or a service?

Thank you to anyone who responds to this. I am honestly at a loss because I keep finding conflicting information, and sometimes no information at all. I would really appreciate in insight anyone has on this matter.

-Cheney ❤️

*** Moved from K-3 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures to Regional (Caribbean) section of the forum. Topic is country (Cuba) specific. ***

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

I recommend you ask in this Facebook group for Cuban visas: https://www.facebook.com/groups/539081396519825/

I paid a company in Toronto to do all of my paperwork for me, so unfortunately, I can’t help you.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.