EMMO

Police Certificate Requirement Clarifications

9 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Finished the DS-260 yesterday and was about to upload the civil documents, when I saw they have asked for Police Clearance Certificates from 2 countries I have lived for less than 6 months. A couple of questions if someone can help answer - 

1. I thought it was 12 months?

2. Country 1 is Indonesia - on the NVC website it says Unavailable for applicants inside and outside Indonesia. When uploading onto CEAC do I - 

2.a - select the Not Available Option and mention the NVC statement in the comments

2. b - Do i write and sign a statement stating I lived there for less than 6 months and also its not available?

3. Country 2 is Zambia - I lived there for 5 months -  Do i write, sign and upload a statement stating I lived there for less than 6 months

Thanks everyone, appreciate any responses.

Cheers

eMMO

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

What is the exact wording of the question that leads you to believe you need to mention Zambia with regard to a Police Report?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

4 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

What is the exact wording of the question that leads you to believe you need to mention Zambia with regard to a Police Report?

I checked on VJ here where someone mentioned that they were asked for a PCC from Austria inspite of living there for less than 6 months. They sent a letter saying

pasting the screenshot here. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 18.47.38.png

Timeline

Unless there is an actual question to answer, this is a non-issue, OR one you are only imagining.  Wait until you have an actual question to answer, then deal with the exact question.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

sorry, my questions are as follows - 

For CEAC, its asked me to upload Police Clearance Certificates from Indonesia and Zambia

1. For Indonesia  - on the NVC website it says - Unavailable for applicants inside and outside Indonesia. - Can i write that in the comments after selecting NA or should i write a statement and upload it with the same msg?

2. For Zambia -Since I lived there for less than 6 months can I write a statement saying the same and upload it, where it asks for Zambia Police Certificate?

Thanks

Timeline
2 minutes ago, EMMO said:

sorry, my questions are as follows - 

For CEAC, its asked me to upload Police Clearance Certificates from Indonesia and Zambia

1. For Indonesia  - on the NVC website it says - Unavailable for applicants inside and outside Indonesia. - Can i write that in the comments after selecting NA or should i write a statement and upload it with the same msg?

2. For Zambia -Since I lived there for less than 6 months can I write a statement saying the same and upload it, where it asks for Zambia Police Certificate?

Thanks

What is the exact wording of the question YOU are being asked to answer.  Not your question.  THEIR question.  Quote it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Hi Pushbrk,

there is no question from them.

I filled DS 260 and when it comes to uploading the civil documents it asks me to upload for Indonesia and Zambia I dont have them because I lived for less than 6 months. The US embassy in Burma also says anywhere you stayed for more than 12 months.

So in order for them to process my DS 260 - what do I do since I don't have the PCC from Indonesia and Zambia.

Timeline

2a and 3 as you've described would be right.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.