S&T 2019

N400 interview experience March 19th

11 posts in this topic

My interview was at 145 at Syracuse office  , descion cant be made because my I-175 was still bending , at the beginning they wanted to reschudale me but then they interviewed me and she said I passed everything it just she can't make a decision yet and I have to wait to get something in the mail 

My online status still says we scheduled your interview should I worry 

Your local office may require a transfer for i751 from service center , then schedule you an appt for i751 interview.. Some people got combo interview, since your i751 is not in local office, they will have to ask for a case transfer..

I saw my file there she has all the pictures and the other stuff I send the I-175  , she even asked me to give her the other. Tax transcript because at that time she has only the 2015 ... she asked to see joint stuff too that whay confused me 

1 hour ago, kamrankhan said:

To clarify  my I-751 was bending since  December 2017 last action on it was moved to local office April 2018. , then when my window opened for n400 I applied . And I had my n400 interview March 19th I passed everything and descicion was not made because my bending I-751. She said I should hear something soon in the mail it's been a week 

20 hours ago, S&T 2019 said:

To clarify  my I-751 was bending since  December 2017 last action on it was moved to local office April 2018. , then when my window opened for n400 I applied . And I had my n400 interview March 19th I passed everything and descicion was not made because my bending I-751. She said I should hear something soon in the mail it's been a week 

Please keep updated. I have a similar situation. My I-751 pending since June 2017, was transferred to the local office in December 2018 for naturalization case and I had an N-400 interview on Feb, 14th. Didn't hear a word since then (almost 6 weeks yeah :( The status on the website is still "We scheduled your interview bla bla"

It was so frustrating because  I told her my husband is with me can we do a combo interview and she is like I don't think it's going to happen today,   she was very impatient and made it look like I'm wasting her time , I can hear the supervisor saying to her just interview him then we will hold his  n400 till the I-751 get approved really , I was so pissed she had the file in her hand we could have done both and get it over with yet they like to terrify people and make it look like u 're dealing with the unknown , of course I could not object on any of this because I know if i did my file will be tossed put somewhere ....... so frustrated 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 month later...

Update on my case so finally may 5th I had enough of waiting and decided to use the tool I have online when you file the n400 online and I send a message explained me waiting after I got my I-751 Pproved a month after my n400 interview. 

The office who contacted me was so nice and he issued me an inquiry with the field office handling my n400 case  , 3 days after I got a letter in the mail saying that my case is still under review no action needed on my behalf , then a 4 days after I got notification saying my n400 was approved and am in line for my oath cermoney ,  3 days after thank god I got my oath letter 

So I believe u need to keep pushing them with inquiries and info pass .

If u use the messaging option that u have in your account with n409 filed online it's very effective 

God blessing everyone 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.