brazilk1visa

How to format RFE response

8 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I recently got an RFE after NOA1 because my (utterly incompetent) lawyer simply didn't submit "proof of meeting" my fiancee.

I am responding to the RFE but I am not sure how to format it. I simply don't trust my lawyer to respond that question anymore (and will most likely fire him this week).

I know I need to make a cover letter and I am using this as a guide: https://www.visatutor.com/i-129f-request-for-evidence-rfe/

My question is about how to group and organize the evidence. I looked through the forums and couldn't find anything specific.

So here it goes: How do you format and organize the RFE response?

-Should I group, for example,  passport scans and travel itineraries based on date, and have them next to each other? Or should I keep different types of documents separate and in different sections, and let the officer make the connections between dates and places?

-Should I have cover sheets for each section? 

-Should I circle and annotate, for example, travel stamps on passports and my name on utility bills? to make it easier for the officer to see what really matters in the sea of information? 

-I will have to translate some utility bills that prove that we lived together in Brazil. So should I include the originals?

I hope my question makes sense. I am very concerned about having failed to submit the evidence in the begging and I expect extra scrutiny from USCIS, so I want to get this right.

If someone wants to share a template or PDF in private, feel free to PM me. 

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, brazilk1visa said:

Hello, 

I recently got an RFE after NOA1 because my (utterly incompetent) lawyer simply didn't submit "proof of meeting" my fiancee.

I am responding to the RFE but I am not sure how to format it. I simply don't trust my lawyer to respond that question anymore (and will most likely fire him this week).

I know I need to make a cover letter and I am using this as a guide: https://www.visatutor.com/i-129f-request-for-evidence-rfe/

My question is about how to group and organize the evidence. I looked through the forums and couldn't find anything specific.

So here it goes: How do you format and organize the RFE response?

-Should I group, for example,  passport scans and travel itineraries based on date, and have them next to each other? Or should I keep different types of documents separate and in different sections, and let the officer make the connections between dates and places?

-Should I have cover sheets for each section? 

-Should I circle and annotate, for example, travel stamps on passports and my name on utility bills? to make it easier for the officer to see what really matters in the sea of information? 

-I will have to translate some utility bills that prove that we lived together in Brazil. So should I include the originals?

I hope my question makes sense. I am very concerned about having failed to submit the evidence in the begging and I expect extra scrutiny from USCIS, so I want to get this right.

If someone wants to share a template or PDF in private, feel free to PM me. 

Thanks

We had a binder with a tab for the I-129F, a tab for matching hotel bookings, plane tickets and passport stamps (we just put them in 1 insert cover, but paperclipped the matching hotel bookings/plane tickets/passport stamps and labelled them) and a tab for pics (labelled on the back who were in the pic and when/where the pic was taken) 

On the front page we had an index on what they would find in the binder, in the order they would find it. Did your lawyer include the intent to marry letters? Those are really important to include. If they were already included you don't have to include them again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

we used Word and put photo with date/boarding passes/ and some notes.

i also scan all my passport for just in case.

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Timeline
53 minutes ago, brazilk1visa said:

So I guess it makes more sense to group everything together based on the occasions we were together? For example, if we were on a trip to Europa, just put itinerary, passport stamps and a couple pictures together? we have half a dozen of those occasions. How many are enough? Like 2 or 3? 

You have to meet up 2 time at the least in previous year, so i assume proof of 2 trips would be enough. but to be save, i send in everything. even for the trip we took after our application, we still submit those to our lawyer. "it is nice for them to see that you two still meet up during the time, not just make up 2 trips for the visa purposes" said our lawyer

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

27 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

You have to meet up 2 time at the least in previous year, so i assume proof of 2 trips would be enough. but to be save, i send in everything. even for the trip we took after our application, we still submit those to our lawyer. "it is nice for them to see that you two still meet up during the time, not just make up 2 trips for the visa purposes" said our lawyer

This is incorrect.   The requirement is to have met in person at least once during the two years prior to filing the petition.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

This is incorrect.   The requirement is to have met in person at least once during the two years prior to filing the petition.

ah... yes. thats right! sorry i got the number wrong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.