John & Rose

How does NVC Expedite work?

11 posts in this topic

I still have to pay all fees (done), fill out the DS-260 (done) and upload the civil files (waiting on Korean PC and NBIs).  Their instructions say to upload everything and then send the identical papers to them via snail mail.  Where does the expedite come in?  It is moving but I guess I am confused with the process.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I still have to pay all fees (done), fill out the DS-260 (done) and upload the civil files (waiting on Korean PC and NBIs).  Their instructions say to upload everything and then send the identical papers to them via snail mail.  Where does the expedite come in?  It is moving but I guess I am confused with the process.

You have expedite accepted but was it approved. Expedites at NVC go to the Embassy it's their yes or No. Some embassies when petitions are expedite they do all the processing. Some have you still go through all the processing at NVC. It's embassy specific. I have seen expedites approved and people have interviews within 2 to 4 weeks . Fees paid online some pay fees at embassy just depends on embassy.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

3 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

You have expedite accepted but was it approved. Expedites at NVC go to the Embassy it's their yes or No. Some embassies when petitions are expedite they do all the processing. Some have you still go through all the processing at NVC. It's embassy specific. I have seen expedites approved and people have interviews within 2 to 4 weeks . Fees paid online some pay fees at embassy just depends on embassy.

USEM has approved the expedite.  I was told I have to pay all fees and submit the paperwork to NVC first. I'm just not sure where it goes from there or how quickly.  I will have the last required papers in place on March 29 (not holding my breath...these are the NBI PCs).

My son and I are going to the Philippines on a planned visit on April 13.  I doubt if we will make that window but it would be nice since we will be there anyway.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

17 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

USEM has approved the expedite.  I was told I have to pay all fees and submit the paperwork to NVC first. I'm just not sure where it goes from there or how quickly.  I will have the last required papers in place on March 29 (not holding my breath...these are the NBI PCs).

My son and I are going to the Philippines on a planned visit on April 13.  I doubt if we will make that window but it would be nice since we will be there anyway.

NVC schedules your interview and you'll see just like when scheduled the K1. I don't think NVC knows expedite speed. I'd follow up with NVC to insure it doesn't sit.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

NVC schedules your interview and you'll see just like when scheduled the K1. I don't think NVC knows expedite speed. I'd follow up with NVC to insure it doesn't sit.

That was my thought too.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

I do notice you aren't waiting "in line" all that long at NVC ..      once they have the PC and NBI, all the fees are paid, I would expect you would get a quick interview date.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, Hank_ said:

I do notice you aren't waiting "in line" all that long at NVC ..      once they have the PC and NBI, all the fees are paid, I would expect you would get a quick interview date.

I feel bad that we didn't have NBI and the Korean PC in place.  We are just 6 months into the CR-1 so I honestly wasn't expecting to hear anything for a few more months.  Now we are trying our best to get the interview during the visit.  We all know it is probably out of the question but who knows?  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I feel bad that we didn't have NBI and the Korean PC in place.  We are just 6 months into the CR-1 so I honestly wasn't expecting to hear anything for a few more months.  Now we are trying our best to get the interview during the visit.  We all know it is probably out of the question but who knows?  

I think the PC would be the anchor in your adventure.

Do you have the NBI from before?  NVC will take that.    Then get new ones for the interview

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I think the PC would be the anchor in your adventure.

Do you have the NBI from before?  NVC will take that.    Then get new ones for the interview

Aira turned 16 so we have to wait for her first NBI.  We figure we will get all new ones.  The Korean PC hurts a little as we have the PC copy from last year but they state it has to be an original.  She hasn't been back to Korea since 1999.  We were told to pick that up on March 29.  My hope is to have NBI by then so we can finish filing with NVC.  Everything else is uploaded and waiting on the "submit" button.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Ah yes .. the magic number.     It will all move very quickly until CFO.  ;)  

You will have to wait on CFO as the kids attend PDOS and they will need their visa in the passport for that.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Ah yes .. the magic number.     It will all move very quickly until CFO.  ;)  

You will have to wait on CFO as the kids attend PDOS and they will need their visa in the passport for that.

Yep.  At that point at least we will have the visas. After the K-1 we just want to get to that point. There is a lot of latent stress over that. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.