gb2018

US Embassy - Manila - when / where to arrive?

6 posts in this topic

Good evening all, my fiance has her interview this week and I'm wanting to make sure she leaves early enough to make it on time... but not too early. Her hotel is about 10 min from the embassy by walking or 5 min by taxi... is there a specific spot at the embassy she needs to enter at? The instructions say not to arrive more than 15 min early but does that mean 15 min early in the lobby or at the front of the building?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, gb2018 said:

Good evening all, my fiance has her interview this week and I'm wanting to make sure she leaves early enough to make it on time... but not too early. Her hotel is about 10 min from the embassy by walking or 5 min by taxi... is there a specific spot at the embassy she needs to enter at? The instructions say not to arrive more than 15 min early but does that mean 15 min early in the lobby or at the front of the building?

15 minutes early for the appt is just fine (this is not first come, first served ;)  ).  She will go to the south end of the Annex building near the pedestrian bridge over Roxas,  there will be a couple "tents" and a guards shack.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, gb2018 said:

Thanks all! I'm assuming this is the pedestrian bridge. Gotta love Google maps.

Screenshot_20190320-120707.jpg

You can't miss the pedestrian bridge .. all the people will be gathered in that area.  :lol:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:09 PM, gb2018 said:

Thanks all! I'm assuming this is the pedestrian bridge. Gotta love Google maps.

Screenshot_20190320-120707.jpg

There is a cut thru you can use and not have to walk to the bridge it is right in front of the USEM where the main entrance is and where the vehicles enter.  The have cut in the middle of the Roxas Blvd and can save you  little time and not have to walk up and down the bridge.   Arquiza St Dead ends to Roxas and cut thru Roxas there and you will be on USEM grounds, take a left and you will see entrance and bridge.

I hate the bridge it smell like urine and is long walk to get to when you can easily cross the street early in the morning, after about 8 am it gets crowded.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.