rj29

MARRIED but was able to get a CENOMAR

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all. I have received a welcome letter from NVC a few days ago and prepared my documents weeks ahead. I just got my Birth Certificate and CENOMAR from SM service center a while ago.

Will it cause a problem if I was certified to have NO MARRIAGE even if I am married? I filed for an annulment in 2007 but was denied. I have a divorce decree from Florida but I did not file for a petition to recognize it because I know it will be denied since we are both Filipino at the time of the divorce. My current wife (the petitoner) and I got married in HK last 2017 but we did not report it.

I applied on March 1 of this year for a CENOMAR and was able to get one. Should I request for a Certificate of Marriage? All inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, rj29 said:

Hi all. I have received a welcome letter from NVC a few days ago and prepared my documents weeks ahead. I just got my Birth Certificate and CENOMAR from SM service center a while ago.

Will it cause a problem if I was certified to have NO MARRIAGE even if I am married? I filed for an annulment in 2007 but was denied. I have a divorce decree from Florida but I did not file for a petition to recognize it because I know it will be denied since we are both Filipino at the time of the divorce. My current wife (the petitoner) and I got married in HK last 2017 but we did not report it.

I applied on March 1 of this year for a CENOMAR and was able to get one. Should I request for a Certificate of Marriage? All inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks.

The embassy requires the CENOMAR for the immigrant visa, if married PSA will issue a CEMAR (Certificate of Marriage).   In your situation you will also present a copy of the divorce decree.

You received a CENOMAR and not a CEMAR?   You were married in the Philippines originally?    (confusing)

As for reporting your current marriage, if you are "previously married" in the Philippines you can not report your current marriage.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

The embassy requires the CENOMAR for the immigrant visa, if married PSA will issue a CEMAR (Certificate of Marriage).   In your situation you will also present a copy of the divorce decree.

You received a CENOMAR and not a CEMAR?   You were married in the Philippines originally?    (confusing)

As for reporting your current marriage, if you are "previously married" in the Philippines you can not report your current marriage.

Hank_, Yes I am originally married here. I applied for a CENOMAR and I am expecting to receive a CEMAR but to my surprise it states that my name does not appear in their National Indices of Marriages hence I was issued a CENOMAR. Should I try to apply for a CEMAR? Maybe the previous issued was a mistake on their part?

I also have an Apostilled Divorce Decree on hand and I intentionally did not report my marriage abroad.

Timeline
1 hour ago, rj29 said:

Hank_, Yes I am originally married here. I applied for a CENOMAR and I am expecting to receive a CEMAR but to my surprise it states that my name does not appear in their National Indices of Marriages hence I was issued a CENOMAR. Should I try to apply for a CEMAR? Maybe the previous issued was a mistake on their part?

I also have an Apostilled Divorce Decree on hand and I intentionally did not report my marriage abroad.

You can't apply for a CEMAR specifically.  With PSA when you apply for a CENOMAR, if your marriage was recorded, PSA will issue the CEMAR (by default).

- side thought.  You were denied an annulment .. maybe because there is no record of your marriage (thus no marriage) ?     If that is the case it may be possible to record your current marriage.. just thinking out loud.

But for sure bring your divorce decree to the interview.   Even though it may be confusing considering you were issued a CENOMAR.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

As far as I can remember, I was able to get a CEMAR when PSA was still NSO. I will try to get a CEMAR anyway because I dont want to confuse the CO on why I have a divorce decree with no marriage record here.

If I will not be able to secure a CEMAR, will this be a big issue? I will bring my divorce decree and also my original marriage contract/certificate too.

Btw, I was denied annulment due to insufficient evidence.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, rj29 said:

As far as I can remember, I was able to get a CEMAR when PSA was still NSO. I will try to get a CEMAR anyway because I dont want to confuse the CO on why I have a divorce decree with no marriage record here.

If I will not be able to secure a CEMAR, will this be a big issue?  I will bring my divorce decree and also my original marriage contract/certificate too. :yes:  

I don't know how the embassy will react with a CENOMAR and a divorce decree, for sure bring those other documents

Ya annulment can be a real PITA in the Phils.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 3/20/2019 at 6:28 AM, Hank_ said:

I don't know how the embassy will react with a CENOMAR and a divorce decree, for sure bring those other documents

Ya annulment can be a real PITA in the Phils.

Hank_, I went today to the branch of PSA here in our city and applied for a CEMAR and was issued with one. So now I have a CENOMAR certifying I am not married and a CEMAR saying that I am legally married.🤯 I'll just submit the CEMAR. Thanks.     

Timeline
3 hours ago, rj29 said:

Hank_, I went today to the branch of PSA here in our city and applied for a CEMAR and was issued with one. So now I have a CENOMAR certifying I am not married and a CEMAR saying that I am legally married.🤯 I'll just submit the CEMAR. Thanks.     

That is crazy that one time PSA issues a CENOMAR and the next a CEMAR, that shouldn't happen (someone screwed up for sure).   Yes, for sure bring the CEMAR and not the CENOMAR

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 9 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 10/15/2019 at 5:01 AM, Illiria said:

Ours were over 10 years and you could see us aging it was kinda depressing 

On 3/20/2019 at 6:18 AM, rj29 said:

If I will not be able to secure a CEMAR, will this be a big issue? I will bring my divorce decree and also my original marriage contract/certificate too.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you have certified tru copy of your divorce. Same name as the man/woman you married with and divorce. 

3 hours ago, Angeliene said:

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you have certified tru copy of your divorce. Same name as the man/woman you married with and divorce. 

This problem has already been solved 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.