Mila9

Requesting taxes but I was listed as a dependent. I still low income

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I got this letter from NVC requesting 2017 taxes. But I was listed as a dependent on 2017 because I made no money.  Also the person who filed didn't pay back .

Now on 2018 taxes I filed alone and I made a little money .but I still with low income.  

what should I do ? Would my mom be rejected at interview because any of this?

29 minutes ago, Mila9 said:

I got this letter from NVC requesting 2017 taxes. But I was listed as a dependent on 2017 because I made no money.  Also the person who filed didn't pay back .

Now on 2018 taxes I filed alone and I made a little money .but I still with low income.  

what should I do ? Would my mom be rejected at interview because any of this?

I don’t understand. So did you file taxes for 2017?

35 minutes ago, Mila9 said:

Also the person who filed didn't pay back .

I don’t understand what you mean by this?

do you have a joint sponsor - as you mentioned your “low income”?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you will need a co sponsor

even if you were a dependent, you need to send the 2017 along with a letter explaining why you were a dependent, plus the i864 from a co sponsor and his or hers financial documents

she won't be rejected because the petition won't continue until you satisfy the affidavit of support section, the case is paused now until you meet the requirements

Edited by aleful

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I don't have a co sponsor .

On 2018 I only worked 6 months that's why my taxes will show low income .  I kept working  and now I have a better job than 2018 , can I just sent my paychecks with a letter showing how much I will be making this year?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.