TimsDaisy

Moved threads in the UK forum

133 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey guys please no arguing on this. I will look into moving issues and send out the moving guide as a reminder this weekend :).

I think the moving guide is well-known. It is the application within this forum that is causing me headaches.

(I have no idea what all that other bit over the last few posts is about. And it distracts from what I still maintain is a valuable discussion that wouldn't be as productive or efficient via a load of PMs.)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
No need for a public debate :-p.

Why not??

As a side note now I know why HA gets along with mags. Took me a long time to figure that one out. No wonder people are leaving VJ in droves. I used to find information in this forum useful but now it's a lot of Brit bashing by HA and what have you done about it a big fat NOTHING. You wonder why other people are setting up there own web sites when you treat your own members so shabbily.

Have a nice day

#######????

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I love the regional forums!

I don't think the answer to these problems is 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater'

Chucking out a baby does mean everything is quieter though! :lol:

:pop:

Charles, oh hush! :P

ya know, the uk forum is much more interesting than the mena one. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I have no idea what all THAT is about, but it doesn't follow that 1/ supposedly Mags and HA get on very well together and 2/there is a lot of Brit bashing by HA going on (????) and 3/Mags IS a Brit! Hmmmmm. ??? M.

I don't feel that I'm really bashing Brits at all. I'm just sharing my experiences here and being honest about my reasons for wanting to leave the UK. It's not my intention to cause offense, but it does happen sometimes. Obviously I don't have a psychotic hatred of British people, since I'm married to one and all. :rolleyes:

If there's a reason for Mags and I getting along other than the reasons she and I discussed in private, it is news to me.

Thanks for your opinion. Who is HA? I would like to resolve any conflicts on a side note. We are geteting some new mods to watch for things earlier and if you report threads (which I have never seen from you) I will take a look.

Hey guys please no arguing on this. I will look into moving issues and send out the moving guide as a reminder this weekend :) .

HA is me.

I strongly feel that HA is entitled to her opinions, just as every foreign spouse/fiancee on this board has the right to discuss what they dislike about the states. It really is no different than the American bashing thread started recently by a Brit. So some of us take offence to it but it is still anothers opinion, just as yours is yours and you wouldn't want to be censored.

I could personally go on a bashing spree about what I faced on the opposite of the pond, there are some things you just might not like. So what? Am I to keep my mouth shut about it? I go to the local grocery every week and Americans p*ss me off, am I to keep my mouth shut about that too? Who gives a rat's behind if someone dislikes something that you do.

With that out there, I had quite a few issues in my stays across the pond. However there has been very few Brits on this forum that I have disliked personally, can't say that about some of the Americans :lol: . So what some may take as a personal attack from HA likely isn't that at all. There are many things she has pointed out, that I have to admit bothered me as well (oddly enough these were the same things that troubled my spouse about his homeland). People need to lay off HA, because her opinion may well be a valuable piece of information for someone tryng to make a decision where their journey may lead.

We don't want our posts moved, we don't want opposite opinions than our own, we don't want to point people to other sites/information that may be helpful to them.....hell why not censor everything that comes across these pages and rename the site The Drama Journey?

Post have been moved since I arrived on this site however long ago it was now. No one complained until there were titles placed upon people. Yet we had the whole, why can't we have moderators thread going, which resulted in what has taken place. IMO as a long standing member on this site, those persons that have been appointed do not have to answer to anyone but the site owner. If you have an issue with your thread being moved, take it to wookster and let him discuss it with the person that moved the thread and then let it go.

I agree with others, take the regional forums back off the board, life was better then. :wacko:

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I think some people are just fed up with other people's general rudeness towards cultural riffs, argumentative nature, and overall negativity. I suggest putting those people that get to you on ignore. I just found this feature the other day, and it's come in handy!

Edited by Leney

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

Filed: Timeline

The thing about the organizers imo is that if they truly have only to answer to Ewok, they shouldn't have titles. I really do feel that that's when the problems with all these thread moving started. True, threads were moved long before...by by whom and why was not relevant. No one really asked or cared imo.

But now that there are titles, it denotes something to everyone else, so why have the title if one can't be asked? Of course, I was quite vocal against the organizer concept in the first place, and I can't really say that I've changed my opinion. I don't really know what the issue is...whether it's the titles that change the dynamic? People know now who to go to. Or is it the sheer number of organizers? Too many to go to so instead of a pm to the one or two here, it's a thread because God knows how many there are?

Organizing a thread here or there is not a big deal in and of itself...if there's a K-1 question in OT, then sure...go ahead..that's a great help to declutter. But now all these subforums, guidelines, etc. is getting everything all confused.

I think a good idea might be to duplicate the thread in the other forum. Well, not dupe, but leave the breadcrumb link THERE instead of here. Dunno if that's even possible, but London embassy questions have ALWAYS been here, and I don't see the need to recreate the wheel. Most people aren't idiots and dismissing the odd mistaken loacation, it's kinda silly to be constantly second guessing the whole forum and moving things.

Although, to be fair, I have noticed a lot less moving than in the past, so maybe it's just a learning curve that needs to be figured out or something.

Does the Embassy section have a sub-title of "Except questions/comments concerning UK Embassy?"

I don't understand what the fuss is about... :wacko:

Edited by Karin und Otto

Timeline
I think some people are just fed up with other people's general rudeness towards cultural riffs, argumentative nature, and overall negativity. I suggest putting those people that get to you on ignore. I just found this feature the other day, and it's come in handy!
It will always be this way on board with such diversity.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Timeline
The thing about the organizers imo is that if they truly have only to answer to Ewok, they shouldn't have titles. I really do feel that that's when the problems with all these thread moving started. True, threads were moved long before...by by whom and why was not relevant. No one really asked or cared imo.

But now that there are titles, it denotes something to everyone else, so why have the title if one can't be asked? Of course, I was quite vocal against the organizer concept in the first place, and I can't really say that I've changed my opinion. I don't really know what the issue is...whether it's the titles that change the dynamic? People know now who to go to. Or is it the sheer number of organizers? Too many to go to so instead of a pm to the one or two here, it's a thread because God knows how many there are?

Organizing a thread here or there is not a big deal in and of itself...if there's a K-1 question in OT, then sure...go ahead..that's a great help to declutter. But now all these subforums, guidelines, etc. is getting everything all confused.

I think a good idea might be to duplicate the thread in the other forum. Well, not dupe, but leave the breadcrumb link THERE instead of here. Dunno if that's even possible, but London embassy questions have ALWAYS been here, and I don't see the need to recreate the wheel. Most people aren't idiots and dismissing the odd mistaken loacation, it's kinda silly to be constantly second guessing the whole forum and moving things.

Although, to be fair, I have noticed a lot less moving than in the past, so maybe it's just a learning curve that needs to be figured out or something.

Perhaps taking the titles away from folks and making it a bit secretive would knock out the "who is moving my thread" stuff. We all know there has always been folks with the ability to move around, but sticking them out there for the world to see may not be a good idea. *shrug* The calling out and pointing fingers just isn't going to cut it.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif