IloveDanang

Does HCMC consulate ask for relationship timeline at interview?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We sent ours with the 129F and brought an updated version to the interview.  We were not asked for evidence, photos, or paperwork at the interview.  They just asked few questions.  Others have been asked for one.  Creating a timeline can help you prepare for questions even if the consulate officer does not ask for it.  Most of the questions asked of my wife were answered by the timeline, for example how and when we met, dates we were together in Vietnam, and places we visited when together.  My wife "studied" our timeline and other evidence to prepare for the interview.  Don't underestimate how nervous you or your spouse will be when interviewed.  It can be a very intimidating process for the beneficiary, so having even the most obvious information written down may be helpful as the interview approaches.

As many people on the board have said in the past, it is better to prepare one and not need it, than to need it and not have one.  Good luck! - Jason

Timeline

I agree with JasonGG. Do the timeline and take it with you to the interview. Just note when/how you met, time together in Vietnam (where you went, who you met, family stuff), and definitely the date and place of engagement. We included a photo of me down on one knee asking her to marry me (in Saigon by the river, photo taken by a German tourist - very funny). The interviewing officer briefly discussed our timeline, but not much. As JasonGG said, it can help you prepare. Doesn't hurt to include it. Good luck! Enjoy the interview - it's a crazy experience!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I included a timeline in our CR1 packet - we frontloaded. 

Loads of travel and important dates of our relationship going back 5yrs

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 3:01 PM, JasonGG said:

We sent ours with the 129F and brought an updated version to the interview.  We were not asked for evidence, photos, or paperwork at the interview.  They just asked few questions.  Others have been asked for one.  Creating a timeline can help you prepare for questions even if the consulate officer does not ask for it.  Most of the questions asked of my wife were answered by the timeline, for example how and when we met, dates we were together in Vietnam, and places we visited when together.  My wife "studied" our timeline and other evidence to prepare for the interview.  Don't underestimate how nervous you or your spouse will be when interviewed.  It can be a very intimidating process for the beneficiary, so having even the most obvious information written down may be helpful as the interview approaches.

As many people on the board have said in the past, it is better to prepare one and not need it, than to need it and not have one.  Good luck! - Jason

is it necessary to get notary stamp with the timeline?

Timeline
8 hours ago, IloveDanang said:

is it necessary to get notary stamp with the timeline?

We had everything notarized,  but it wasn't really necessary since we both attended the interview.

If you won't attend and your bank offers free notary services,  go ahead and have everything notarized.  If you need to pay, then I think t is more important to have the new letter of intent notarized.  Your fiance can attest to the accuracy of the timeline at the interview without having your notarized signature.

Good luck! - Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.