COUSA

Trip to meet

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone.

I'm going to be traveling to Mindanao soon, within 6 months,, from Denver and on to CDO, via Den-NKT-MNL or the Den-HI-GU-MNL route. and then use PAL or CP, for the remaining leg. My soon to be official fiancee', even thoughshe claims she already is, will meet me there along with some of her Metro-Manila relatives. Her parents and daughter will be in CdO still. She and I will visit a few historical sites in Manila and have some time with her relatives there, for 2-3 days, before going on to CdO, to spend  9-10 days with her family there. 

I got questions, so bear with me the best you can.

Background knowledge; I did a successful K-1/K2,  in 2007, but they returned within 65 days. It was nice vacation of total culture shock and FAST western culture for her. She wanted to go home, so I accpmodated them to do so. TAMPO scared me anyway and she went from 28 in PI to about 16 here. But that's the past. Just saying I have some experience, but know many things have changed and fees have INCREASED. I've already checked and qualified myself for the 125% Poverty level

****United has some nice fares out of Denver, but so do some others. I've flown them before, so familiarity counts. So does anyone have experience flying United from the 48 to PI?  My 2 trips before I used PAL, out of Vegas.

Any other recommends on airlines? Let me know.

Is $80-$100 USD still an average daily amount to prepare for spending? I mean with transportation fares and foods and the unexpected tag-alongs.  

I'll come up with more questions later.

Thanks,

COUSA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***  Moving from Off Topic to Philipines Regional forum for more country specific answers ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Since that time in 2007 Delta has opened up many routes to Philippines, so has other US Based airlines.

I personally like staying with one airline or one that uses travel partners just in case I miss a flight or get delayed.

Back in your time frame of 2007 I was from Dallas and had to catch a domestic flight to either LAX, SFO or Vegas to catch a PAL flight to Philippines, now of days you have many more options and no longer have to fly PAL

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

I can't help too much with flights because I fly from Buffalo thru Boston or JFK depending on the best routes I find. I was in Iligan city in December visiting my fiancé which is near CDO. I am returning in June to get married so if I can help you with any questions let me know. I also went thru K1 before also so I am going the CR1 route this time. It's hard to estimate your expenses not knowing what your lifestyle you want while visiting there.

I had a thought regarding flights. If you can avoid Manila you will avoid a lot of chaos. I fly into Cebu then to CDO. It's a much better experience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, dnavinnie said:

I had a thought regarding flights. If you can avoid Manila you will avoid a lot of chaos. I fly into Cebu then to CDO. It's a much better experience.

Yes I considered  that, but we are going to spend two days in Manila taking in some sites with her extended family there.  I want to go back to the American, Philippine cemetery where all the white crosses are and 50 columns for each state that has the names of soldiers killed during WW II in the Philippines.   It was a very serene experience when I was there in 2006 . 

Got my United seat confirmation today. I code the same seat # on the Den-Mnl/Mnl-Den flights and same # on the NRT-MNL >,<.

Less than 19 hours each way total. 

12 hours ago, COUSA said:

Yes I considered  that, but we are going to spend two days in Manila taking in some sites with her extended family there.  I want to go back to the American, Philippine cemetery where all the white crosses are and 50 columns for each state that has the names of soldiers killed during WW II in the Philippines.   It was a very serene experience when I was there in 2006 . 

Got my United seat confirmation today. I code the same seat # on the Den-Mnl/Mnl-Den flights and same # on the NRT-MNL >,<.

Less than 19 hours each way total. 

Wow...that's awesome. Hope you have a safe and happy trip.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.