Jump to content

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hi guys .

i want to ask about the form 2040 .because we could not hve our taxes .so , we are using this form 2040 composing the taxes .Guys , if any  body used this form before , plrase do not hesitate to share with me your experience.Moreover , im going to pass the interview soon .so ,if they ask me about  the taxes and i nwant to change the sponsor whichm is my faincee .could we do it ?? 

please aswer me about both  questions .

thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

do you mean 1040?

i know of no 2040

 

fiancee is main sponsor

you can get / or be asked for a cosponsor

yes i meant 1040 .so it is ok just to fill it out with the transcript and send it to me?

she already did .so im ganna take that to the interviw without taxes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

1040 is the short form for filing taxes

what you will need is the tax transcript from IRS / she can get it from IRS online or walk into IRS office with her ID and her @@ card

she sent me only the form 1040 ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they may accept that but that would have to be accompanied by her W2's

they will probably ask for the IRS transcripts

If you have time before the interview,   get her to send W2's or IRS transcripts

she needs to send USPS international priorty mail so you get them in about 5 days

regular mail takes weeks and months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, mohamed el amrani said:

hi guys .

i want to ask about the form 2040 .because we could not hve our taxes .so , we are using this form 2040 composing the taxes .Guys , if any  body used this form before , plrase do not hesitate to share with me your experience.Moreover , im going to pass the interview soon .so ,if they ask me about  the taxes and i nwant to change the sponsor whichm is my faincee .could we do it ?? 

please aswer me about both  questions .

thanks in advance

I uploaded my 1040 for 2018 because i dont have that transcript yet and it was rejected. 


Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

   
   

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

   

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

   

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

 

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

 

 

2019-05-21

 

APPROVED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 2:27 AM, Apple Bee said:

I uploaded my 1040 for 2018 because i dont have that transcript yet and it was rejected

Really !! So did they ask you about taxes ? Or you changed your sponsored ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mohamed el amrani said:

Really !! So did they ask you about taxes ? Or you changed your sponsored ? 

I am the USC, my husband is the Moroccan. I submitted my 2018 1040 because I didn't have the transcript yet and don't know when i'll be able to get it and they rejected the 1040 and asked for either 2017 or 2018 transcript. So I uploaded my 2017 (again because I already uploaded it the first time) and an explanation of why I don't have 2018 yet. I am currently waiting for NVC to review it and let me know if they accept it or not. I hope they do, inshallah.


Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

   
   

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

   

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

   

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

 

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

 

 

2019-05-21

 

APPROVED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Apple Bee said:

I am the USC, my husband is the Moroccan. I submitted my 2018 1040 because I didn't have the transcript yet and don't know when i'll be able to get it and they rejected the 1040 and asked for either 2017 or 2018 transcript. So I uploaded my 2017 (again because I already uploaded it the first time) and an explanation of why I don't have 2018 yet. I am currently waiting for NVC to review it and let me know if they accept it or not. I hope they do, inshallah.

 Nchaellah .so how long it takes please ?? Do u adevice us with changing the time of interview or just go with 1040 . I'm k1 visa 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mohamed el amrani said:

 Nchaellah .so how long it takes please ?? Do u adevice us with changing the time of interview or just go with 1040 . I'm k1 visa 

Sorry I don't know much about the K1 visa process. Hopefully someone else in your shoes or with experience on this subject  can be of more assistance.

 

when is ur interview? I read that if it's before the April 15 deadline, then they don't expect you to have 2018 transcripts available at the interview

Edited by Apple Bee

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

   
   

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

   

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

   

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

 

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

 

 

2019-05-21

 

APPROVED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The petitioner can download her previous tax transcripts online and email them to you to print out and bring to your interview.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

 

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes. 


K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

 

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

 

See my 'About Me' section on my profile for a more detailed step by step journey of our K1 Journey through the Casablanca consulate in Morocco

 

AOS Process    

Spoiler

 

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

 

 

May 2020: ROC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

Sorry I don't know much about the K1 visa process. Hopefully someone else in your shoes or with experience on this subject  can be of more assistance.

 

when is ur interview? I read that if it's before the April 15 deadline, then they don't expect you to have 2018 transcripts available at the interview

My interview is in18  March .yes but what did you do when they ask u for taxes .? And how long took u to have another one ?

15 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

The petitioner can download her previous tax transcripts online and email them to you to print out and bring to your interview.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

 

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes. 

Thanks?? But she sent me 1040 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mohamed el amrani said:

My interview is in18  March .yes but what did you do when they ask u for taxes .? And how long took u to have another one ?

Thanks?? But she sent me 1040 

I told you I uploaded 2017 transcripts w/ a letter explaining why I don't have 2018 yet ( I just did my taxes last week so it will be a while before I can access the 2018  tax transcript online). If your interview is March 18 then you should be fine bringing in 2017 transcript which can be downloaded from the site RJandHamid provided you with.


Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

   
   

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

   

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

   

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

 

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

 

 

2019-05-21

 

APPROVED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, you won't be required to bring the 2018 tax transcript as it likely isn't available yet. If your fiance filed taxes last year, she should be able to access her 2017 tax transcript online. She can download that as a pdf, email you the file, and you can print it and bring it to the interview along with the 1040. 


K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

 

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

 

See my 'About Me' section on my profile for a more detailed step by step journey of our K1 Journey through the Casablanca consulate in Morocco

 

AOS Process    

Spoiler

 

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

 

 

May 2020: ROC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...