AlexDRavn92

Past normal processing time - What can i do?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello VisaJourney.

So my receipt date on my NOA1 says 21st of may 2018, and today on the USCIS website the "receipt date for a case inquiry" just passed 22nd may 2018 on the Nebraska Service Center, which is where my i-130 is at.

Does anybody know what to do now?

As i can see i can request an inquiry online, but i was wondering if anybody has experience with that, i mean does it help?

Or should i just be patient and keep waiting?

We did try to call the USCIS, but we only reached the "machine" and couldn't get through to a real person.

•  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, AlexDRavn92 said:

Do i call the USCIS number?

+1 (800) 375-5283

I'll try that right away.

Yep same number. You'll get through to Tier 1 at first, it's perhaps better to ask for a call back from Tier 2 and if they can put you through :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, brandonflude1 said:

Yep same number. You'll get through to Tier 1 at first, it's perhaps better to ask for a call back from Tier 2 and if they can put you through :)

Hm. How do get to ask for a call back from Tier 2?

Do you have any experience, what do to or expect when i past the normal processing times?

Timeline

Do you have any experience, what do to or expect when i past the normal processing times?

When someone first answers, you just ask to speak to Tier 2 about your case because you are out of normal processing.

I don't have any experience unfortunately. I'm a K-1 filer, but a lot of K-1 filers have been using the 1122 method lately to speak to USCIS

Timeline
Just now, brandonflude1 said:

When someone first answers, you just ask to speak to Tier 2 about your case because you are out of normal processing.

I don't have any experience unfortunately. I'm a K-1 filer, but a lot of K-1 filers have been using the 1122 method lately to speak to USCIS

I'll try that. 20 min wait on the phone at the moment, holy moly.

1 minute ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Well, you send them an inquiry, either online or by phone. They'll get back to you with a stock response "We're working on it, wait for 30 days or 60 days or 90 days or whatever". You wait some more, and then you do the same. After a few rounds, you feel frustrated and contact your Congressperson, ... And hopefully somewhere in the middle there, you case gets approved...

Timeline

I'll try that. 20 min wait on the phone at the moment, holy moly.

Yep, when the person answers, explain your situation and that you'd like to speak to Tier 2.

That will be around a 2-3 hour wait, but they will call you back.

Timeline
1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

Well, you send them an inquiry, either online or by phone. They'll get back to you with a stock response "We're working on it, wait for 30 days or 60 days or 90 days or whatever". You wait some more, and then you do the same. After a few rounds, you feel frustrated and contact your Congressperson, ... And hopefully somewhere in the middle there, you case gets approved...

So you are saying that my i-130 wont be approved for another 2-3 months?

Timeline
1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

I’m saying that there is no way to know for sure, it could be next month, could be 2-3 months, could be tomorrow. USCIS works in mysterious ways

I see. But i guess there is nothing to do than just being patient?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

According to Igor's List of all VJ members with a timeline, I-130 petitions submitted in May 2018 are currently being adjudicated at Nebraska Service Center, with most petitions with an NOA1 date from early May now approved, so you should hear very soon about an approval.  It is frustrating, but Igor's list is pretty accurate--our petition at Texas Service Center was approved right at 7 months together with many others with a similar NOA1 date.  If you check you will see those with NOA1 dates just before yours are now getting approved.  Hang in there--you should hear very soon!

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=3&sortby=2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am also past processing time because my receipt date is April 02/2018 and I did request for a case outside processing time and initially they sent me an email saying they would get back to me on the 22nd of March,2019 then couple of days later I received a NOA which I have attached as belows. Frustrated is an understatement of what I feel right now but a lot of unfortunate things are happening around the world and I can only be greatful for everything and I am still living in the hope that good things come to those who wait.

3E919391-A668-4BF8-8EC4-47476EE61465.jpeg

5EB63291-C265-45C0-901C-3AEC1D99CCFD.jpeg

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Bini & Ladonna said:

I am also past processing time because my receipt date is April 02/2018 and I did request for a case outside processing time and initially they sent me an email saying they would get back to me on the 22nd of March,2019 then couple of days later I received a NOA which I have attached as belows. Frustrated is an understatement of what I feel right now but a lot of unfortunate things are happening around the world and I can only be greatful for everything and I am still living in the hope that good things come to those who wait.

3E919391-A668-4BF8-8EC4-47476EE61465.jpeg

5EB63291-C265-45C0-901C-3AEC1D99CCFD.jpeg

We also called USCIS to ask for a status of our case and said they couldn't say anything. We had to do the "Request for a case outside normal processing times" over the phone, since we both live outside the US and the online forms would only accept a US address.

So we are still just waiting, and it seems like they have been working on May cases in Nebraska for a while now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.