cinthyaap

CUIDAD JUAREZ INTERVIEW 2019

173 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here still waiting CC June 2019, I saw some CC May 2019 that have interview date in March, it is moving along but not fast enough, getting worried now about the new rules and new forms DS5540 it does not make sense to ask all that information to the applicant 😒 when some applicants have never been in the US, any thoughts?

Timeline
On 2/27/2020 at 8:22 PM, Urias said:

Here still waiting CC June 2019, I saw some CC May 2019 that have interview date in March, it is moving along but not fast enough, getting worried now about the new rules and new forms DS5540 it does not make sense to ask all that information to the applicant 😒 when some applicants have never been in the US, any thoughts?

CC August 2019 here. 

Following many Juarez interview facebook pages, and some have been asked to fill out this DS5540 at the interview, some have been put into administrative processing to fill it out, and some are not asked at all.  As far as I can tell, it really is up to the interviewing agent where you fall in these categories.  I would bring down a completed DS5540 just in case, that is what we are doing.   Even though I also make above the HHS poverty guideline 2020 for my family, my husband is also bringing down co-sponsor paperwork just in case.  This whole process is just nuts and I can't wait for it to all be over with.  

Also on a wacky side note -  I've read more than one facebook posting of people in AP from DECEMBER interviews where agents asked for their 2019 tax return.  I'm just... trying to hold on to my sanity here honestly.   

Timeline

CC November 2019.

Had a short talk with my lawyer about this today. Looks like there is confusion at the NVC and at the embassies, surrounding this matter. We'll talk again in a few months, hopefully the government will provide some clarity by then.

My personal opinion, bring that DS5540 form filled out to the interview, in case they ask about it.

Timeline
4 hours ago, trac3rt said:

CC November 2019.

Had a short talk with my lawyer about this today. Looks like there is confusion at the NVC and at the embassies, surrounding this matter. We'll talk again in a few months, hopefully the government will provide some clarity by then.

My personal opinion, bring that DS5540 form filled out to the interview, in case they ask about it.

yes I think that makes more sense just bringing it in just in case, it wouldn't hurt, if they ask for it you have it, if they don't even better, hopefully it all clears out when we go for our appt in a few months 😉

Timeline
6 hours ago, Clarebear101 said:

CC August 2019 here. 

Following many Juarez interview facebook pages, and some have been asked to fill out this DS5540 at the interview, some have been put into administrative processing to fill it out, and some are not asked at all.  As far as I can tell, it really is up to the interviewing agent where you fall in these categories.  I would bring down a completed DS5540 just in case, that is what we are doing.   Even though I also make above the HHS poverty guideline 2020 for my family, my husband is also bringing down co-sponsor paperwork just in case.  This whole process is just nuts and I can't wait for it to all be over with.  

Also on a wacky side note -  I've read more than one facebook posting of people in AP from DECEMBER interviews where agents asked for their 2019 tax return.  I'm just... trying to hold on to my sanity here honestly.   

yes I do follow some FB groups as well it is insane hopefully everything gets better when we go for our appt, I'm also thinking to take the completed form with us just in case, and yes I'm also ready for this to be over 😒

Timeline
On 2/16/2020 at 7:35 AM, Mrspacombe said:

Oh wow 😮  I would call and see what they say 🙏

My husband received his interview date yesterday!

APRIL 1st finally 

Timeline
On 3/6/2020 at 3:26 PM, Vanessa N. said:

My husband received his interview date yesterday!

APRIL 1st finally 

Fantastic!!  What is your NVC cc date?

I went a little nuts and registered my husband on the ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mix/iv/schedule page and I've been checking everyday... our cc date is 8/29/19 so we've got a while lol 

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Hello everyone its been a while now, I was reading past posts from appts from April , has anyone get rescheduled yet? any word when they will reopen again?? #staypositive🤞 

9 hours ago, Urias said:

Hello everyone its been a while now, I was reading past posts from appts from April , has anyone get rescheduled yet? any word when they will reopen again?? #staypositive🤞 

Still haven't heard anything and calling in they won't be able to give you any info either. 

We were scheduled for March 30th, and cancelled less than 2 weeks before the interview was supposed to take place. 

Luckily we are going for IR1 visa, so this isn't suspended for the rest of 2020, but without the consulate open, it's almost the same thing. 

Timeline

Hi all my DQ was January 21st still waiting just like many of you. Sucks how long we have to wait.

I regret not going thru the k1 process instead. Sigh.

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

Hi all my DQ was January 21st still waiting just like many of you. Sucks how long we have to wait.

I regret not going thru the k1 process instead. Sigh.

We started our k1 in November. I expected my fiancé to be here by now. I don’t care about AOS, I just want to be with my fiancé. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, In4theJourney said:

We started our k1 in November. I expected my fiancé to be here by now. I don’t care about AOS, I just want to be with my fiancé. 

Yeah had I known spouse visas took 2 years and fiance visas took less than a year I wouldve gone the fiance way. We went to a lawyer who we thought knew about timelines..

Unfortunately I think you filed too late had you filed half a year earlier your fiance would be with you in the US 😪😪

Sorry for being a downer, I guess things happen for a reason.

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/24/2020 at 9:05 AM, In4theJourney said:

Same here.  I filed in early November, and we are now stuck at the NVC waiting for Juarez.....I just want her here with me.  I already bought a house for us with the plans of her being here back in April, but then CoVid had other plans.   This has been an awful time.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello my immigration warriors 😃 this has been truly a battle , so long and tiring process, 😑 any word from the Consulate when would open again?? I heard rumors that could open in October , but personally haven't heard anything official. #keepingsane🙄 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Urias said:

Hello my immigration warriors 😃 this has been truly a battle , so long and tiring process, 😑 any word from the Consulate when would open again?? I heard rumors that could open in October , but personally haven't heard anything official. #keepingsane🙄 

No news, yet. Consulate is still closed and only taking emergency interviews. I don't think they'll re-open this year.

Click here for up to date information:

https://mx.usembassy.gov/status-of-u-s-consular-operations-in-mexico-in-light-of-covid-19/

Edited by trac3rt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.