Baylor

IV Montreal Interview Availability

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Newbie here.

Am in the IR-1 category and finally got a 'Ready' to schedule my interview. I have been trying to look for an appointment for  about 3 weeks now but all I see is: There are no available appointments at the selected location. Please try again later.

I was wondering if anyone has booked any appointments recently or is looking for them? We have been checking constantly everyday at different times of the day including weekends and it has been quiet stressful.

I have seen older posts with people having trouble getting appointments some years ago but would appreciate some reassurance from some of you if possible.

Also, is there a certain time of the week or month that they release appointments so I know when to look for them?

Thank you.  

20 minutes ago, H&T said:

Ir1 visa interview was schedule by NVC.

Thanks for responding H&T. 

You are right however my immigrant visa process has been a little different. We had applied in 2013, had an interview (scheduled by them) in Nov 2014. The interview started off well and everything seemed okay but at the end I was told I had to do an i601 waiver (due to my previous stay in the US). The waiver was approved last summer and then I was asked to update our DS-260, get new police certificates,pictures and medical (since it had been over an year). We submitted everything by mid December 2018. After being in AP  for around 7 weeks, they said they had reviewed the file and in order to continue, I would need to schedule my biometric oath (re-oath). This time around, for my 2nd interview they need me to schedule my own interview date through the ais (green) site that I have been getting their communications from. This seems similar to the K-1 applicants.

Hope someone can enlighten on my booking issue...

Anyone else having trouble getting an appointment at the Montreal Consulate?

I was also wondering if anyone knows if they are automatically populated (especially if there are any cancellations) or just during business hours? Any particular times of the day they are added or end of the month??

Any help would be appreciated please.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Baylor

I'm also in the same boat, couldn't attend my EB2 immigrant interview, was asked to reschedule via the AIS green website but been checking everyday, there hasn't been any available appointments. 

Could you update us if you were able to secure an appointment finally through the site?

1 hour ago, bkbk8 said:

Hi @Baylor

I'm also in the same boat, couldn't attend my EB2 immigrant interview, was asked to reschedule via the AIS green website but been checking everyday, there hasn't been any available appointments. 

Could you update us if you were able to secure an appointment finally through the site?

Hi there,

Yes I was able to finally. I had to check literally everyday MULTIPLE times. Its frustrating but it is what it is. I suggest you keep looking patiently until you find something (it took me about 6 weeks...hopefully you will be luckier). Also, found out that different types of visas have different slots.

Wishing you all the best !

1 minute ago, Baylor said:

Hi there,

Yes I was able to finally. I had to check literally everyday MULTIPLE times. Its frustrating but it is what it is. I suggest you keep looking patiently until you find something (it took me about 6 weeks...hopefully you will be luckier). Also, found out that different types of visas have different slots.

Wishing you all the best !

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad you were able to finally secure a date. May I ask how far the appointment was from the date you were able to secure one? (E.g. if you were able to view the calendar on March 10, was calendar date availability for next month April or was it further out?)

Also, I know it's different every month based on availability and other factors but did you get multiple dates available or was it just one date and time slot?

Normally its about a months away but all depends on whats available on your type of visa. I found it in early April for end of April. There were only two slots available when I saw mine, end of April and same say a week earlier.

Again, people who were applying for K visa were booked their spots before me but their dates were only available for May. You may be looking at June right now. 

15 hours ago, Baylor said:

Normally its about a months away but all depends on whats available on your type of visa. I found it in early April for end of April. There were only two slots available when I saw mine, end of April and same say a week earlier.

Again, people who were applying for K visa were booked their spots before me but their dates were only available for May. You may be looking at June right now. 

Thanks for the reply. I'm on the hunt for over 2 weeks now. Hope your interview went well. 

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@BaylorWe might have a case of prior unlawful presence that needs an i-601 waiver.  However, we respected the imposed 10 year ban based on our situation (actually surpassed requirement with no presence in 14+ years!!).  Was your i-601 waiver because you had a prior unlawful presence in general and still respected the requirements or is it because you were looking to waiver requirements?

56 minutes ago, shammykay said:

@BaylorWe might have a case of prior unlawful presence that needs an i-601 waiver.  However, we respected the imposed 10 year ban based on our situation (actually surpassed requirement with no presence in 14+ years!!).  Was your i-601 waiver because you had a prior unlawful presence in general and still respected the requirements or is it because you were looking to waiver requirements?

No it was a different scenario. I imagine you should be okay if you have been away for that long. My knowledge is very limited in this area perhaps the more experienced folks in this forum can advise better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.